31. She was mine, I was hers .

Abhimaan's POV:

I stormed towards the guest room, my mind racing with thoughts of confrontation and resolution. I reached the door and tried to open it, but it wouldn't budge. My heart sank as I realized she had locked it. No, no, no - this couldn't be happening. I needed to see her, to talk to her, to calm down.

I knocked on the door, my knuckles rapping against the wood in a staccato beat. "Mayura, open the door," I demanded, trying to keep my voice level. "We need to talk."

But after hearing her response something just broke inside me . I knocked again, harder this time. "Mayura, please. I know I made a mistake, but this can't be my punishment. I can't even see you?"

I felt a surge of anger and frustration. Who did she think she was, locking me out like this? But deep down, I knew I had no right to be angry. I had hurt her, betrayed her trust. This was my consequence.

I slumped against the door, my forehead resting on the wood. "Mayura, please," I whispered, my voice cracking. "I'm sorry. I know I don't deserve it, but please, just talk to me."

But the door remained shut, and I was left standing there, feeling helpless and defeated. I knew I had to find a way to make it right, to earn back her trust. But for now, I was stuck outside this door, unable to see the one person I needed to see.

After what felt like an eternity, I heard complete silence from the other side of the door. I knew she had finally fallen asleep, exhausted from the emotional turmoil of the day. I took a deep breath and reached for the spare key I had arranged for, knowing that I had to see her, even if she didn't want to see me.

I opened the door quietly, not wanting to disturb her, and slipped inside. She was sleeping peacefully, her chest rising and falling with each gentle breath. I approached her slowly, my heart racing with anticipation.

As I reached her bedside, I couldn't help but caress her hair, gently stroking the strands that framed her face. She was a heavy sleeper, and I knew she wouldn't stir. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead, feeling a surge of love and regret.

"I'll make it right, Mayura," I whispered, my voice barely audible. "I promise you, I'll make it right."

I knew she would let me talk in the morning, when she was feeling more rested and more receptive. For now, I just wanted to be near her, to watch over her as she slept.

I left the room, locking the door behind me, and went to my own chambers, my mind racing with thoughts of Mayura and our complicated situation. I knew I had to make things right, not just for her, but for myself. I couldn't bear the thought of losing her, of living without her by my side.

As I lay in bed, I thought about her words, about how she had never received love and care from her family, and how she had hoped that this marriage would bring her happiness. I knew I had failed her in that regard, but I was determined to make it right.

I fell asleep, my mind still racing with thoughts of Mayura and our future together. I knew that tomorrow would be a new day, a chance to start anew and make things right. And I was determined to seize it, no matter what it took.

I woke up feeling determined and refreshed. I quickly bathed and got ready for the day, choosing a black boss-style outfit that exuded confidence and authority. I slipped on my black trousers, crisp white shirt, and tailored blazer, feeling like the king that I was.

I headed to the guest room, expecting to see Mayura waiting for me. But when I opened the door, I was met with an empty space. My heart sank as I scanned the room, hoping to see some sign of her. But she was nowhere to be found.