✧Burning Flowers✧

Chapter 3 ✧Burning Flowers✧

I would've felt a lot safer if we weren't going over the speed limits through winding roads with a storm thundering around us. Sadly, sensible speeds weren't a possibility when a certain Stilinski was behind the wheel. 

I guess he had an excuse, though. He was in a hurry to pick up Malia, who he was now honking at as he pulled up next to the werecoyote and her adoptive father. 

"Sorry we're late!" Stiles shouted to the pair. Malia didn't seem to quite mind the fact that we weren't on time, because she ran up to Stiles and firmly kissed him. Stiles let out a very pleased moan as he kissed the girl back, and I wasn't sure whether to feel disgusted or moved by the fact that his romance life was still going strong. 

When the couple finally pulled apart, Liam leaned forward with a boyish grin on his face. "I guess we should be late more often, then?" 

"You boys do remember I own a gun, right?" Henry Tate questioned, his eyebrows tugging upwards in a testing manner. 

"Vividly." Stiles stated. 

I felt a small shiver down my spine as I remembered the close call we had with Mr. Tate and his gun, not to mention the fact that one of his traps almost took off my brother foot. Isaac was truley lucky he was a werewolf that day. 

Nodding his head approvingly at Stiles' answer, the older Tate began backing away from the group of teenagers, but not before shooting his daughter a quick wink. I felt something tug at my heart strings, like a yearning to have a father as accepting and faithful as Henry Tate, but then I remembered that he wasn't Malia's biological father. Peter Hale was and, like my own father, Peter was a heartless maniac. 

Still, I couldn't help but wish there was some kind of fatherly figure in my life. Maybe that would fix the fact that I was an abused orphan, and that I might even have a chance at a normal life. 

I let out a tired sigh, choosing to stop thinking about being normal because I knew that it wasn't even an option for me anymore. Instead of dwelling on the impossible, I scooted over to give Malia room in the backseat with Liam and myself. Once we were all uncomfortably crammed together in the suddenly small seat, everyone's eyes turned to Malia. 

"What?" Malia asked all the expectant gazes. 

"You find out yet?" Stiles asked, turning awkwardly to look back at Malia. 

I looked at everyone in confusion. "Find out what?" 

Instead of answering me, Malia nodded her head in determination. "They're going to e-mail me." 

"Is this about summer school?" Liam asked the werecoyote. Gears churned slowly in my mind as I remembered a conversation from months ago about summer school being the result of Malia's unwavering lack of success.