✧Sinema Nightmare✧

Chapter 14 ✧Sinema Nightmare✧

Before I knew it, Scott's hands were grabbing either side of me, steadying my shaking body. So much for my escape plan, but something told me there were much worse things to be dealt with anyways.

 For a moment, I couldn't make myself look Scott in the eye. What if that triggered something in him, like what had happened with Liam, and Scott too caught a vibe from me that 'felt wrong'. I just didn't think I could bear hearing those words come from Scott. I loved him like I loved Isaac, and the thought of him hating a part of me made me want to curl up into a ball and never move again, which in all honesty wasn't that foreign of a concept to me. 

Scott's grip on me tightened, and I felt myself go rigid as his mouth opened to say something. 

"Char? Charlotte, are you okay?" 

Genuine worry laced Scott's voice. There was no disdain or hatred, just good old-fashioned concern. I had never been so relieved by the sound of someone's voice in my life, and I finally made myself look up to Scott. I tried not to think of the fact that I was completely sure I had just seen an apparition of the dead love of his life, and instead slowly nodded my head. 

"What's wrong?" Scott leaned his head down so he could get a good look at me, his eyes scanning every aspect of my face. "You haven't smelt this anxious in a while." 

The statement may have sounded rather odd but I knew it was probably true. No matter how badly I wanted to, I couldn't find the right words to tell Scott that I thought I finally had it and my mind had actually snapped. When that had happened to both Stiles and Malia, they had been sent to Eichen House. I knew there was no way I was strong enough for Eichen House. Anyways, I didn't want to think about what I would be able to do if I was locked away, or if a mad man tried rushing at me. I didn't know how things could get any worse, but in this town I didn't doubt that they would. 

"Scott, I-I don't know." Technically, that wasn't a lie. 

Scott shot me a small, comforting grin, one that would never appear again if I told him I was seeing Allison. I couldn't do that to someone I loved so much. I couldn't take away his light even when I felt mine fading away into nothing. 

"It's okay, I get it," Scott said understandingly. "You're not good in crowds, or with a lot of people. This is overwhelming, and that's nothing to be ashamed of, Char." 

I blinked slowly. Of course he would think that's what was wrong. Little Charlotte Lahey couldn't handle to much stimulation or lights or noise or people. And now apparently I couldn't even handle going out without having some sort of supernatural attack. I, Little Charlotte Lahey, just could not catch a single break. 

After a moment, I looked past Scott and remembered Kira was there. I looked back and forth between the two of them, asking, "W-wait, why are you guys here?"