✧Tension All Around✧

Chapter 7 ✧Tension All Around✧

Not that I was ever much of a talker, or even a whisperer, but during the walk back to the jeep, I was abnormally silent. We all were, I guess, seeing as the encounter with Theo Raeken ended up being much more awkward then anticipated. But I had a feeling that my silence came from a much different reason then Liam and Stiles'. 

Walking with my eyes on the ground, I began concentrating so hard on keeping my heart beat steady that i didn't notice Scott until he'd spoken up. 

"Find anything?" 

The true alpha stood next to his motorbike, which he had parked next to Stiles' jeep. His arms were crossed, and he looked at the three of us with raised eyebrows. 

His best friend, who was standing stiffly in front of me, sighed. "Nope." 

An awkward silence bubbled up after Stiles' one worded response. Liam looked over his shoulder at me, and I just shrugged in response. He was looking at the wrong person if he wanted someone to make the siution less awkward. 

Suddenly, Liam's eyes brightened as he looked over to his alpha. "I fell in a hole." 

My mental break down temporarily dissipated as I let out a small laugh at the sound of pride and utter happiness in Liam's voice. He looked back at me, and I gave him a real genuine smile which he gladly returned. It wasn't until he finally took his eyes off of me that I let the smile fall again. 

Stiles and Scott, though, never smiled. Instead, the awkward silence remained awkward while Stiles hoped into his jeep, slamming the door shut behind him. 

"It was the bridge where his sister died, wasn't it?" Scott asked in a serious tone, walking towards Stiles and the blue jeep. 

"Yes, it was. Very Embarrassing" Stiles confirmed quickly, a hint of irritation in his voice. I attempted to swallow a lump in my throat as I noticed tension between Scott and Stiles. Seeing problems between the two best friends terrified me as much as the voices in my head. "So, we're gonna leave now." 

Stiles turned his keys in the ignition, but the car only responded with miserable sputtering, refusing to start up for its owner. Unsurprisingly, this only further irritated the older boy as he cursed under his breathe and moved to get out of the jeep once more. 

"Liam, just do me a favor." Stiles called to the younger werewolf. He opened his car door, jumping out of the drivers seat and moving to the front of his car. "Get in the car, turn the ignition when I say." 

Liam swiftly hopped into the jeep to do what Stiles asked. I closed the door for him, only to cross my arms in the open window and rest my head. When I did, Liam looked over at me and smiled softly, but never got the chance to say anything because we both heard Scott and Stiles speaking once more, this time in lower voices. 

"Stiles," Scott spoke shortly. 

"Be with you in a sec." Stiles muttered in response. I frowned, looking away from the older boys as the rummaged through the hood of the jeep. "Try it," He yelled to Liam.