✧Death Omen✧

Chapter Twenty - Five ✧Death Omen✧

As soon as we got to my room last night and Liam's head had hit the pillow, he had been asleep, and he hadn't stirred a single bit since. What ever the dread doctors had done to him and Hayden had clearly taken a toll on him, and I'm also pretty sure this was probably his best night's sleep in a long time. 

I didn't sleep nearly as well as Liam. There was something about my anxiety not letting my forget what it felt like when Liam was missing that was mixing with the realization that we were as close to understanding the dread doctors as we had been a week ago that wasn't letting me close my ekes. I think I was awake longer then I was asleep, and that was mostly because I felt like if I stopped looking at Liam then I would wake up and he would suddenly be missing again. 

So instead of sleeping, I laid awake most of the night feeling only slightly creepy as I watched over him, jumping at every sound I heard outside and only starting to feel remotely secure when he reached out in the middle of the night and pulled me into a hold that was tight enough to bundle up all my worries but not quite tight enough to keep me from breathing. Sleeping in the same bed as Liam brought a level of comfort that I suspect a weighted blanket would. 

The lack of sleep that I got did give me ample time to think about how I was going to tell Liam about Genevieve and all the other weird things that had been happening to me. By the time the sun had risen, I had come to the conclusion that there was simply no good way to break the news. 

When it got to that time in the morning that I realized I need to start getting ready for school and saw him still snoring softly with his head buried under one of my pillows, I tried to move around my room as  silently as I could so as to not to wake him as I got ready for school. 

I had figured that by the time I was done getting ready and getting dressed, he would begin waking up for himself. As it turns out I was very, very wrong and I was starting to worry that Liam was nearing drowning in a puddle of his own drool. 

There felt like there wasn't really any right way to wake up a sleeping beta werewolf, but I still tried to take the path that would startle him the least amount, both for his sake and my sake. That meant that I slowly and quietly climbed back into the bed until I was sitting next to Liam's slumbering form. All that I could actually see of Liam under all of the covers and pillows was a bare arm and the bottom half of his face, but I decided to work with what I got. 

"Liam, it's time to wake up," I coaxed softly. Carefully, I reached out and poked his bicep. The first poke was more of a tap. The second poke was a hardy poke. The third one, which I was sure would be the one to wake him, was something nearing a small shove. 

Liam still didn't budge. 

I took a moment to let out a long sigh. "Liam," I repeated. "You need to get ready for school." 

My next plan of attack was to pull down the covers that was wrapped tightly around Liam's body, which I will admit was a harder task then I expected. Liam help on to them tightly for a moment, but eventually I managed to tug them down enough. Liam's reaction to this was to curl up in to an almost-ball and roll away from me. 

"Liam." At this point I was trying not to let off the fact that I was holding back a laugh. 

"No. No school. Lay back down with me. This feels so much safer then school, anyways," Liam grumbled from under his –well, my– pillow. His voice was muffled but I could still tell that it was entirely genuine. 

"We have to go to school," I reminded Liam. "We both can't really afford too many more absences, you know." 

It was silent for a while. Just when I was beginning to worry that Liam had fallen asleep again, He uncurled his body, pulled the pillow down from over his head and into a hug on his chest, and laid on his back so he was staring up at his ceiling.