✧Flower Power✧

Chapter 10 ✧Flower Power✧

"Wait," Kira interjected the eerie silence that the Stewart house was veiled in as we reached Tracy's room. "Isn't this like a crime scene." 

I raised my eyebrows and looked over to Lydia for an answer. Kira had a pretty good point, and I'd lived through enough crime scenes that I wasn't exactly thrilled to walk into another one.

"No!" Lydia assured us. The strawberry blonde turned and opened the door to the girls room. She only made it one step in before she stopped abruptly. Lydia shrugged, "Maybe. Don't worry about it." 

I looked past Lydia to see crime scene tape all over Tracy's bed, among other places. I don't know about Kira, but I was still going to be worrying about it. 

Kira looked over at me with an unsure look in her eyes before she turned her attention back to our banshee friend. "Okay, so what are we looking for?" 

"I'm not sure," Lydia admitted. "I'm mostly just following a feeling." 

As Lydia stepped over to a lamp to turn it on, I took a deep breathe and looked around the room. "Hey, Lydia? Don't you feeling usually lead you to, like, dead bodies, and stuff?" 

"Well, let me know if you find one," Lydia nodded, and I assumed it was the end of that conversation. 

The three of us then proceeded to split up in silence. Well, at least, we split up as much as we could in the bedroom. It seemed like a genuine teenage girl's room, personalized hints here and there to show it had once belonged to a sane Tracy Stewart. I reached out to a small clay dinosaur-like figurine she must've made in elementary school. It looked like something out of a children's book, and the sight of it made my heart twinge. I hoped we could get this Tracey back. 

Up until I had moved into the McCalls house, a bedroom had never been much more then four walls that separated me from my brothers. Sure, there had been a time when I had a bedroom very similar to Tracy's, with childhood toys and family pictures, but those little things had all disappeared along with the man my father used to be. At the thought of the jail cell of a room I'd lived in before Isaac and I had moved out, I felt an uncomfortable shudder rattle my spine and I quickly put back the clay dinosaur, ready to move on to a different spot for clues. 

While, Kira sifted through a pile of homework papers I wondered if Tracy would ever finish, I got on my hands a knees slowly. I knew from personal experience that underneath of a bed could be a great hiding spot, so I slowly lifted up the covers and looked under. Sure enough, there was a box not to different from the one I used to hide my coloring pad and pencils in just under two years ago. I reached out and pulled out the box, lifting it up onto Tracy's crime scene tape covered bed. 

Kira came over to me and looked over my shoulder. "What is it?"