Chapter 1 - The Interview

!!!

ATTENTION:  THIS BOOK IS ONLY LEGALLY AVAILABLE FOR VIEWING ON WATTPAD.  IF YOU ARE READING THIS ON ANY OTHER SITE PLEASE REPORT IT FOR COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT!  

FOR THE BEST READING EXPERIENCE CREATE AN ACCOUNT AT WATTPAD.COM OR DOWNLOAD THE APP FOR ANDROID AND IPHONE.

Thank you for your help and support in reporting illegal copies of my work.

!!!

Also...

This first chapter has a small italicized section, a memory of a traumatic event that occurred in the heroins recent past. Please do not take this section to be the tone of this story. It merely sets the stage for her transition into a new life. This is truly a romantic tale filled with the ups and downs of two people from two different worlds falling in love.

I hope you enjoy!

FTLOE Edited Chapter 1 7_2020

Chapter 1. Interview

The ad in the newspaper simply said.

Nanny Wanted:

Candidate must be willing to

live on-site to provide full time

care for my 3 year old son.

Serious inquiries only.

Apply In Person

2113 Skylark, Floor 24

ask for Alana.

Berkley Roberts paced around her living room trying to decide if she should apply for the job. Ofcourse, she should, she realized thinking back to a few months ago. Justa few months ago she had been terrorized and the one person she thought she couldturn to, turned on her. She sunk down into the couch and recalled thatnight and the fear that had been instilled in her by Pete, a friend of her poorexcuse for a boyfriend. She still got cold chills just thinking about it. She still suffered from depression and nightmares.

...

Her mind recalled the night when Pete the creepy acquaintance of her boyfriend finally managed to catch her alone and off guard and tried to force himself on her. She struggled to fight him off and she screamed as loud as she could.

B.J. ran up to their room to see what was going on and with a growl he pulled him off of her. It all happened so fast. If he had taken much longer, the unthinkable would have happened.

After they fought and knocked each other around Pete was overcome with exhaustion. B.J. threw him out screaming that he would kill him if he ever saw his face again. All his friends took to the door and left. The house was empty now so B.J. returned to her.

"You should have stayed downstairs." His tone was confusing to her. She reached for him expecting him to console her, to care but instead, he yelled and screamed and worked himself up into a rage.

"What were you doing up here alone with him in the first place?"

That was the first time he hit her but would be far far from the last. It was not the physical pain that stunned her. How could he betray her at a moment when she needed him the most? He was angry with Pete but yet he blamed her for what happened. She panicked and reached for her cell to call Garrett but BJ quickly knocked it out her hand. He yelled at her and insulted her in every possible way imaginable as he forced her into the shower making her scrub her skin until it was practically raw. She would never be clean again not in his eyes.