Chapter 24 - The news.

Thank you so much for your patience while I decided on Dane's reaction.  This was a crucial moment in the story and his reaction does impact the direction that the story will take.  So it had to be thought out thoroughly and couldn't be rushed.  I do apologize for taking a few extra days to work it out but I hope that you enjoy it.  

Chapter 24

“Dane?”  Berkley asked as his lips enveloped hers.

“I’ve missed this.”  He mumbled into her mouth never ceasing to kiss her.

“I came up here to-” She said before losing control and letting her reservations dissipate.  Her hands were gliding over the deliciously familiar surface of his chest before they settled onto his shoulders.  He felt right he always did.  When he held her she felt as if she belonged.  She felt as if for once she was where she was meant to be.  She hoped that she wasn’t just imagining the notion.  She should just tell him now but she couldn’t.  She was too distracted by the feel of his body against hers.  She wanted him more than anything right now and she was going to have him.  She wanted to have him without the weight of her situation weighing upon his shoulders.  She wanted him as he was right now, carefree and wanting her with no complications between them, not stressing over an unexpected pregnancy with all the repercussions that he would no doubt face.  They had been through more than two weeks without each other.  It had been miserable and he needed this just as much as she did.  She wasn’t being completely selfish.  She was truly putting his needs into consideration not just her own.  He had made it obvious that he was feeling desperate.  He even suggested just a few days ago for the sake of their sanity that they call a truce for the sake of his personal gratification.  He was willing to put everything aside to be with her just one more time so why should she feel guilty for indulging and holding out with her secret until after they could both have what they wanted.  Yes it was selfish to want him to give her his undivided attention both mentally and physically and if she told him first he would be distracted to say the least.  But she was also afraid he wouldn’t want her or that he would hold back.  She was terrible but she wanted him at one hundred percent and he was giving it his best so far.  Why ruin this?

“I thought you said it could wait.” His voice was rugged with need.

“It can wait.”  She breathed against his neck.  His hands had already found their way to back of her dress and had lowered the zipper leaving her sundress in a heap at her feet.  He scooped her up and she instinctively wrapped her legs around his waist never letting her lips leave his as he carried her over to his bed.  He pulled back the covers and leaned forward her body still clinging to his desperately as she sank into the pillows. 

Dane pulled back for a moment to look at her and found her lying beneath him with her eyes closed but a sweet smile on her face.  He continued to tease her with kisses and nibbles.  When his hand found her sweet spot she moaned and arched her back digging her hands into the pillows as if she couldn’t take much more.  She was in rare form and the serpentine movement of her body against the sheets was by far the most erotic thing he had ever seen.  She was burning up, literally hot to the touch with need for him.  He wanted nothing more than to take her but he was enjoying her performance far too much to rush things.  He was curious if she had any clue as to how nervous he had been just a few moments ago.  He had worried that maybe it would be like starting over.  He feared the awkwardness of getting reacquainted with her physically.   If this was anyone other than Berkley, he would almost wonder if she was faking her pleasure for his benefit.  But when she opened her eyes, she held his gaze captive and he had no doubt that what she was experiencing was not for show.  “Someone has missed me.”  He teased then met her lips with his own for only a moment as his trailed kisses down her shoulder and teased her breasts making sure not to show favoritism before gliding his tongue across the surface of her skin as he made his way down her body.