Chapter 18 - FaceTime

• Dedicated to F. J. for tolerating my rambling ;)

Author's note:  With Dane in China I really dreaded writing this chapter but it has actually turned out better than I had hoped and was so much fun to write.  I hope you all enjoy it!  It's shorter than most my chapters but I felt it was a good stopping point even though he isn't home yet.

As always THANK YOU for your votes, comments and follows.  You keep me motivated and I hope to never disappoint.

Enjoy...

Chapter 18

Other than sharing dinner on the flight, he had managed to stay in his room and avoid Ana all together.  He needed his space right now because they had spent too much time together the past week.  He even suspected that maybe she was growing tired of him too.  The thought made him smile.  He couldn't wait for her to come to her senses regarding her feelings for him. 

A few hours into the flight he had taken a hot shower to relax his muscles and crawled into bed.  He actually slept well and felt pretty good.  He checked his watch and it was only half past nine at home. He called Berkley.

"Hello Daddy!  Are you in China yet?"  Dane hadn't been gone but a short while but knowing he wouldn't be seeing Ethan everyday was weighing heavy on his heart.

"Not yet.  I'm still flying way up in the sky over the ocean."

"Can you see our house from up there?"

"No, I wish I could though."

"What did you and Berkley do, this afternoon?"

"We played with Uncle Dylan."

"I love you Daddy."

"I love you too." 

"...You still there?"  Berkley's voice filled his ear.

"Yeah, I just thought I would go ahead and call before it got too late.  I thought maybe we could FaceTime during his bedtime stories when the schedule allows."

"Oh yeah, that's a good idea.  We were just getting ready for bed so hold on a minute.  I'm going to sit you on the nightstand."

Dane rolled onto his elbows and placed his phone on the night stand too so that he wouldn't have to hold it.  He watched Berkley disappear off screen only to appear again on the opposite side of the bed.  She tossed the pillows away and pulled back the covers just before Ethan's face filled the screen completely.  "Daddy, I see you!" 

"I see you."  Dane chuckled.

Berkley plopped down in the bed and patted a spot next to her.  "Alright hop in."  Ethan kissed the screen and then climbed into bed with her. 

"Berkley can you wipe off the screen it's blurry on my end now."

"Hang on."  She took the phone and wiped the screen on the inside of her shirt and then placed it next to bed.  Dane had his typical smirk on his face which struck her as odd.

"Okay are we ready?"

"Yeah, I'm ready."  Dane smiled to himself knowing Berkley had not thought about the fact that he was seeing up her shirt the whole time she had been cleaning the screen on her phone.  He would tell her eventually but not tonight.

"Daddy, show me a cloud." 

Dane stood up and that was when Berkley noticed he was in his boxers.  He reached for the phone and as he moved around the room she got a pretty good look at his private sleeping area.  His room wasn't terribly small and it had a relaxing ambient glow.  No wonder he had kicked back and relaxed.  She almost wished she had been able to go. Dane spun the phone around and held it near the glass to show Ethan the clouds that were beneath the plane.