Chapter 43 - Closure

AN - I wrote this chapter 4 weeks ago. :) Don't kill me for not uploading it. I have had a lot going on the past month and have had someone new step into the lives of my family. This new person inspired the rewrite of the ending to this chapter.

First, many of you have asked about "Byron" a.k.a BJ (I will be changing his name when editing :D) I planned to have him reappear several chapters back but due to the slower updates and the frustration every felt with Berkley & Dane being apart, I went ahead and moved forward too the 'sorta' reunion.

That being said, I hope this chapter brings a little closure for those who are still curious about that chapter in Berkley's life.

I say all this and dedicate this chapter to D.L. for his inspiration.

D. Thank you for showing me that people can change. I have learned that changing yourself is only half the battle. The other half is changing how people perceive you. Overcoming your past is the greatest challenge of all because you can't change the people around you as easily as you can change yourself.

Stay strong. Never give up!

I hope you all enjoy this chapter!  THANK YOU FOR YOUR PATIENCE, READS AND VOTES.  YOU HAVE TRULY KEPT ME GOING AFTER ALL THIS TIME.  I KNOW I THANK YOU SOUNDS REDUNDANT BUT IT IS SO TRUE AND I AM FOREVER GRATEFUL TO YOU ALL.

To prevent confusion... No this is not the last chapter.  We have at least three chapters left to get the rest of the story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dane spent the morning trying to keep Ethan occupied while he failed to accomplish much of his work. He didn't really mind. It had been too long since Ethan had been at the office plus he needed a break from work. He had put in so many hours lately that he was feeling burned out.

It wouldn't have made a difference if Ethan weren't here. He hadn't been able to get thoughts of Berkley out of his mind and honestly, he didn't want to. It felt good to dwell on her and the possibilities of happiness again. He checked the time and frowned. This was going to be a long morning he thought with a big yawn.

The door suddenly burst open causing Dane to jump. He looked up to see Ana as she rushed in with her usual morning coffee. She looked frazzled as she made a beeline for the empty space where desk used to be. Beth was hot on her heels but through her hands up in the air with a look of defeat before closing the door behind Ana and returning to her desk.

Ana was halfway across the room before she stopped dead in her tracks. "What happened to my desk?"

Ethan was playing and didn't seem to notice her. Dane smiled at her reassuringly before speaking. "I have relocated you to your own office. It's downstairs and I think you will find it to be a good fit for you."

"Dane, we have so much to do with prepping for my trip. I thought we agreed to work closely until we finalize the amended package with China." She said overtly confused.

"You need your own space. This was all temporary and it's time to get you settled in somewhere." He hesitated for moment then added. "Ana, Berkley is moving back in."

"That's great!" She said lunging towards him and wrapping her arms around him to give him a hug.

Dane peeled his way out of her embrace. "She wants to work things out but she is cautious and not going all in. She is hesitant and cautious and I need to reassure her that there is no reason for her to doubt me. I've only just begun to earn her trust and I doubt she is ready to think about trusting you. It is going to take time and with Lily on the way, we don't have much of it. I'm going to make it right by her this time."