CHAPTER EIGHT

CHAPTER EIGHT

We decided to get a room in the hotel across the street. Nathan refused to get some sleep.

"You sleep," he said as he undid the bed.

"Nathan, you haven't slept for a whole day."

"And I feel fine. I also look better than you," he said winking at me. "So get some sleep. I will be right outside, ok?"

I shrugged, I was too tired to argued with him. I took off my shoes and got under the covers. It felt like ages since I had been on a bed. Nathan murmurs something but I'm already half asleep.

____________________________

When I woke up, it took me a moment to remember where I was. The room was very simple, nothing fancy just a TV across the bed, standing on top of a drawer. There was a small couch and a heater. I noticed that my phone was charging on the nightstand. I don't remember plugging it. Nathan must have done it.

I stood up and got in the shower. After I got out, I spent about ten minutes brushing my teeth over and over. Then I changed into jeans with a red, long sleeved blouse and my sneakers. I was combing my hair when my phone began to ring.

"Hello?" I asked as I tried to put on my sweater.

"Hannah! Where the hell are you? Why haven't you been answering your phone?" Patrick yelled in my ear.

"I'm sorry my phone died." I said putting on my scarf. "We had a crash and-"

"Are you ok?"

"Yes, nothing serious but we did lose the car. We're going to be there a little later than anticipated." I concluded.

"Who's we?" he asked.

Oh no. Here it goes. "Oh, me and my bodyguard."

"Oh?" I could hear the smile in his voice. "Your bodyguard?" I could almost see the stupid smirk on his face.

"Patrick, shut up! It's not like that."

"How is it then?"

I rolled my eyes. "We are not talking about this."

"Fine. You can tell me when you get here. I can't wait to see you."

I smiled. "I know. Me either."

"Just call me when you reach Miami, ok?"

"Ok. Goodbye."

"Hannah, wait?"

"What?" I asked.

"Feel free to misbehave." He said laughing then hung up.

I shook my head. I couldn't even begin to think of what was waiting for me when I got to Miami. I knew Patrick wasn't going to let it go. I never should have told him about me drunk kissing my bodyguard but it was too late for that.

Patrick and I both lost our virginity when we were seniors in high school. Not with each other, of course. We didn't plan it. It just sort of happened. I gave my virginity to my then boyfriend, whom I loved and thought I was going to be with forever. Obviously, it didn't go that way. He dumped me a few weeks later. By then, it was too late for regrets. Sometimes I wished I would have waited for someone special. Then again, I obviously could never tell if a guy really loved me. If I did, I would still have my virginity and I would have saved myself a lot of heartbreaks.

Maybe being a man whore was the answer and Patrick had it all figured out.

The door suddenly opened and Nathan walked in, looking fresh himself. His hair was wet, making it look darker and he was wearing a clean, perfect, black suit. "The princess is awake." He said with a smile.