CHAPTER SIXTEEN

The next day, Patrick dragged me to an outlet mall. The amount of money Patrick spent on clothes was astonishing. Even I didn't spent that much money on my clothes. Patrick had always been a fashionable guy. He liked to look good.

"So besides wasting money on clothes you don't need, what else do you need to buy?" I asked as we walked. It was really packed as people tried to buy their holiday gifts. Nathan walked next to me.

"I met someone."

I turned to look at Patrick, mouth hanging open.

He laughed. "Just kidding. Last night I was watching TV and this commercial kept coming up about online dating and people just kept saying 'I met someone'," He shrugged. "Sorry I just wanted to say it."

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked him, laughing.

"I'm on a mission," He said as we walked. "A girl said no to me last night."

"No way." I said sarcastically.

He narrowed his eyes at me. "You think this is a joke."

"I think that if someone says no, then it's no. What is it with guys wanting what they can't have?"

"Exactly! That's the problem. I've always had anyone I wanted," He winked at me. "Good thing that everyone has a price."

"I don't."

He raised an eyebrow at me. "So you're telling me that if a billionaire comes and proposes to you, you'll say no?"

"Yes, I would say no."

Patrick threw an arm around my shoulders. "Would you marry me?"

"Why would I do that?" I said with a smile. I glanced at Nathan but he seemed amused by our conversation. I guessed Patrick didn't bother him anymore so why was I disappointed again? Fine. The jealousy was incredibly hot.

He shrugged. "You know, maybe if we're both 40 and single, we can get married. I don't want to see my best friend turn into a cat lady."

I laughed. "Thank you for being so thoughtful."

Patrick glanced at Nathan. "How about you, Nathan? Would you marry Hannah?"

I punched Patrick in the stomach making him let me go from his grasp. "Patrick."

"What?" he asked innocently then looked at Nathan again. "Or do you not find Hannah attractive? Come on, we're in a circle of trust here."

I glared at Patrick. "I'm going to kill you," I mouthed at him.

Nathan turned to look at us with an amused expression on his face. "Circle of trust?"

"Yes, nothing here will get to the ears of Mr. Boss Collins, I promise," Patrick said with a big grin on his stupid face.

This was so not funny.

"Well, in that case," Nathan glanced at me. "I find Hannah very attractive."

I tried to fight the smile but failed miserably.

"I dig this," Patrick said waving his fingers between Nathan and I.

I shook my head at him. "You're the worst," I hissed and then got into the first store I saw.

Patrick and Nathan were grinning when they walked in behind me.

I shook my head and tried to get lost in between the clothes.

"I think I was wrong about him."

I smiled at the sound of Nathan's voice behind me. I kept looking at the scarfs, avoiding his stare. I rolled my eyes. "Really?"