CHAPTER ELEVEN

CHAPTER ELEVEN

When we were sixteen years old, Patrick and I decided to test our romanticism. Everyone at school would always tell us that we would make a cute couple and that best friends fell in love all the time. I don't know, I think it was all the peer pressure that made us think it could work between us. When we tried to kiss, it was so awkward we burst out laughing and we knew right there, that we would never work. We were meant to be friends. Knowing that only made us get closer and we became more comfortable with each other.

No one understood our friendship like we did.

At least, Nathan obviously didn't.

As we made our way back into the condo, I felt flushed.

I didn't know what was wrong with me.

Nathan and I weren't anything.

He wasn't my boyfriend. He didn't have the right to demand anything from me.

At the same time, I knew that we were something.

We had been flirting our way here.

I decided I would play his game or whatever it was because I was really enjoying it so far.

"You're back-great." Patrick said when we walked back inside.

I nodded. "Yeah."

I took a seat and Nathan sat next to me. There was already a plate for him. He was quiet. It almost made me want to laugh. I had never seen him so serious.

"I was thinking we could go out." Patrick began as we resumed our breakfast.

"Right now?"

"Yeah, why not? I could take you to the mall, you know just in case you needed to buy something for tonight."

I frowned. "What's tonight?"

"Beach party."

"I don't know, Patrick. You know I don't really like parties."

"You're coming." He stated.

What was it with everyone wanting to boss me around?

Because I remembered that I did need a new phone, I agreed to go to the mall.

An hour later, Nathan is pulling into the mall with Patrick and I in the backseat.

"So this is what it feels like to be famous." Patrick said, nodding.

I rolled my eyes at him. "You're exaggerating."

"No, really. Does he-" he pointed at Nathan's back. "-do everything you tell him to?"

I raised my eyebrows. "You would be surprised."

I thought I saw Nathan smile after I said that. We got out of the car and then walked into the mall, which looked like any other mall. All the malls look the same to me. We went into the first clothing store we see. I began to look through the clothes while Nathan stayed close to me.

"Hannah."

I looked up from the dress I was looking at to Patrick who was wiggling a really short skirt with a smirk. "No." I told him.

"Why not?" he asked walking towards me.

"It's too short-I already don't like showing my legs."

"Hannah, don't be ridiculous. You are hot." Patrick told me and I felt Nathan's body tense next to me.

I rolled my eyes at him. "I'm not wearing that." I said taking a step back, bumping into Nathan. Why was he always standing so close? I held on to his jacket to keep myself from falling and then I feel something hard on his waistline. I pulled his jacket open and felt my eyes get wide.