CHAPTER TEN

CHAPTER TEN

The ride to Miami was silent after that. I was exhausted like I've never been in my life. My whole body ached, I couldn't find a comfortable position on the seat. It took about 3 hours when we finally reached Miami. I borrowed Nathan's phone and texted Patrick to let him know we were going to be there soon. I had never been to Miami, Patrick was the one who always went to visit me at New York. Miami was beautiful and sunny, although it was winter so it wasn't hot. Something that I was grateful for.

Patrick lived in a condo, right in front of the beach. It was a really expensive condo his parents had bought for him when he moved here. His parents were lawyers that lived in New York, Patrick rarely saw them. I think that the lack of attention was what made Patrick look for love somewhere else. Or like he liked to call it, "good times". The condo was beautiful, of course. I specially loved the clear glass on the side of the beach. I couldn't wait to look out from the inside.

Nathan parked and I smiled when I saw Patrick walking toward us. Patrick was a very attractive guy. He had short, blond hair with cute curls on top of his head and two bright blue eyes. He had a toned body which gave him that bad boy look that only spelled TROUBLE. It had been a long time since I had seen him and I jump out of the car and half run to him.

"Hannah!" he yelled putting his arms around me, squeezing me.

"Ow." I complained when I heard my back crack.

He pulled back and scanned my body with his blue eyes. "You look horrible."

I laughed. "Thank you, love the honesty."

He chuckled. "Right. Come on, I have your room ready." He said putting an arm around my shoulders as he led me in. Nathan followed us, strangely quiet, with the suitcases and his duffel bag.

The condo reminded me of a dorm room in a novella I watched once but couldn't remember the name. It was small but it had two floors. Patrick showed me the living room, kitchen, a guest room and the laundry room were all downstairs.

I threw myself on the couch, face down, resting my forehead on my arm.

"Uh, Hannah, I have a room for you upstairs." Patrick said as he kneeled in front of me.

"No, no stairs please. I'm good here." I murmured and then closed my eyes and had the best sleep I've had in days.

I woke up the next morning in a room. I didn't remember coming here but I figured Patrick carried me or something. The room was smaller than my room back home but I didn't mind. There was a TV, two drawers and a closet. My favorite part was the big window that faced the beach.

I got in the shower and change into jeans with a blue long sleeved blouse. I brushed my teeth and then made my way down the stairs.

I could hear the sound of the TV in the background. Patrick was at the dining room table with an omelet in front of him. It was then that I realized he had a maid, she was cooking and smiled at me when she saw me. Patrick was on the phone when I took a seat in front of him.

He smiled at me then raised his index finger. "Listen, I got to go but I'll call you later, ok?" he said. "Yeah, bye." He grinned at me. "You're finally awake!"

The maid placed an omelet in front of me. "Thanks." I said and she just nodded.

"It's so beautiful here." I said as we ate. I looked around. "Where's Nathan?"

"Your bodyguard? He's been outside since last night. I told him he could have the guest room but he refused. What's up with him?"

I looked down. "He just takes his job seriously."