CHAPTER TWENTY

We changed quickly and quietly. Nathan headed to the restroom while I sat back down on the seat. I didn't look at Nathan when he came back.

My heart was beating so fast, I was sure he could hear it.

I could still feel his lips against my body-my insides felt warm and tingly just thinking about it.

A moment later, the co-pilot walked in through the door. I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if he would have walked in just a little earlier.

"We are landing in fifteen minutes," he said. "Please put your seatbelts on."

We nodded and simultaneously reached for our seatbelts and strapped them on as the co-pilot headed back through the door.

I sat there and stared at the back of the seat in front of me.

I just had sex with my bodyguard.

Here.

On a plane.

What the hell were you thinking, Hannah?

Damn Patrick and his don't think, just do.

"I can't believe we did this," I whispered breaking the silence between us.

"Yeah, that was a little wild, even for me," Nathan chuckled.

I shook my head with a smile. "My dad would kill me if he found out what we did on his plane," I looked around. "There aren't any cameras right?"

"Relax," Nathan placed his hand on top of mine and I finally looked up at him.

His green eyes were a lighter green again and I found myself smiling when I saw amusement in his eyes. "That was kind of amazing," He told me.

"Yes," I agreed. "It was."

He leaned in and kissed me. "You're mine now, Collins." He whispered against my lips. "Really mine."

I smiled as looked away.

I looked out the window and realized that the plane was ready to land. I closed my eyes as I felt it go down. After a while, the plane finally came to complete stop. I unfastened my seatbelt and stood up. Nathan surprised me by putting his arms around me and planting a kiss on my lips.

"Just in case," He smiled.

The pilot came through the door. "Mr. Collins is waiting for you, Miss."

I smiled at him. "Thank you."

I took a deep breath as they opened the door. It was time to go back to the real problems. Images from what had happened in Miami were starting to flood my mind again.

A cold breeze hit me, goosebumps rushed through my body but I half smiled.

I was back home.

I saw my dad waiting for us by a black car. I also noticed that more bodyguards than usual were scattered around, looking out.

Nathan suddenly put his arms on my shoulders.

I felt my eyes get wide. My dad was watching. "Nathan what-" I stopped when I realized that he was placing my coat. I smiled at him. "Thanks," I said as I slipped my arms through the sleeves.

He just nodded, poker faced. He was in bodyguard mode.

I went down the stairs and half ran to meet my dad. He embraced me in a tight hug. "I'm so glad you're okay," He told me.

I smiled against his chest. "I missed you, dad."

After a moment, he let me go and smiled at Nathan. "I will be forever grateful for taking care of my daughter, Nathan," He said as he shook his hand.

I couldn't look at Nathan but I saw him nod from the corner of my eye.

"Let's go home," My dad said kissing the top of my head.

I smiled in response. I never thought I would miss home this much but I was happy to be back. We got in the backseat of the car, Nathan went in the passenger seat while another bodyguard drove.

"How's Nick?" I asked as the car started moving.

"He's better," My dad half smiled. "Tired of being in bed. He's like a little boy all over again."

"Dad-" I looked up at him. "I feel horrible about what happened in Miami-all those people-"

"It's not your fault," He sighed. "I understand why you would feel guilty about it, believe me, but the truth is that it wasn't your fault. It's not anyone's fault," He said as he stared at something in the distance.

"Your mother has been waiting for you," My dad said after a moment.

I frowned. "My mom?"

She hadn't even called me once.

My dad nodded but he didn't look convinced. "Just-keep an open mind."

"That can't be good," I said.

He shrugged. "How's Patrick?"

I told him some details of my stay in Miami. I told him about Patrick and how beautiful the beach was. By the time we got home, I noticed there were even more bodyguards all around the house. I could see the shadows of them on the roof of the house. They were everywhere.

It was dark and I suddenly felt exhausted as I got out of the car.

"Hannah," My dad called behind me.

I looked at him. "Huh?"

"Why don't you go in the back door?" he asked. "Your mother-she's waiting for you and I know you're tired."

"Why is she waiting?"

He sighed. "You don't want to know. At least not right now. Just get some sleep, we'll talk about it tomorrow," He kissed my forehead.

I nodded. I didn't know what my mom was up to but I didn't have the energy to care. I made my way to the backdoor, which was the door that was used by employees. The kitchen was empty-it was late so everyone had gone home. I heard laughing coming from the living room and I slipped through a crack that I knew was a blind spot-and to the stairs.

I walked straight to the restroom when I reached my room.

I took a long, hot shower and it was then when everything began to rush back.

The images of the restaurant back in Miami-the blood, the bodies-came back to me and I began to cry.

I felt horrible.

Those people had died in vain-it was me they wanted dead.

I wished we knew who was doing this to me-to my family.

And then I thought about Nathan.

Nathan and the plane.

Something was wrong with me.

I couldn't bring myself to regret it-I just couldn't.

I had loved it. It had been magical and amazing and I knew that I didn't want it to be the last time it happened.

You're mine now, Collins.

Yes, yes I was.