one ; heroes

"Population, 1322!" I cheered loudly, cracking the window open, allowing rain to drip over my nose, and letting out a loud whoop. I look through the camera lens as I snapped random shots of Forks. I've never realized how beautiful this place was, and I would bet my life that all those pictures could get tons of likes on Instagram.

Charlie, our dad, laughed at that, but Bella rolled her eyes, sinking in her seat in the front. She made it clear more than once; she was embarrassed I was her sister.

"You are such a dork," she said, as though this fact was unbelievable.

"HEY!" I called loudly to a random group of girls that seemed around my- our- age. "WHAT GRADE ARE YOU?"

"ELEVENTH!" a brunette called back, "WHY?"

"HEY NEW CLASSMATES!" I cheered before the red light changed to green and we drove off.

"HI!" the group called back, and I waved goodbye.

"Seriously, you are the biggest dork I have ever seen," I hit Bella's head. "Hey!"

"Girls," Charlie warned, and I felt as though I was five again, so I giggled. He sighed, and suddenly glanced at us. "You know, when we found out your mom is pregnant with twins we were really excited."

"Now you regret it?" I asked with a charming smile, and he looked at me through the mirror, before averting his brown eyes back to the road.

"No," he said after a heartbeat.

"There was a pause," I called out. "It was a pause of hesitation! Dad! Are you sad I'm here?"

"No, honey. I'm very glad to have your over-energetic self in my car right now." He said in a strangely monotone voice. Charlie and Bella were never big in showing emotions, unlike me, but it was overly detatched.

"It sounds fake."

Charlie looked over at Bella, "your hair is longer."

"You're just gonna ignore me?"

"I cut it since you've last seen me," she said, confused. Way to make it awkward.

"Guess it grew out again."

"Yeah."

"Hello, a daughter you just said you'd rather not have," I sung from the backseat. It was cramped, and very annoying. 

"Ashley, I love you, stop annoying me."

"It feels like a contradiction," I said very clearly. Bella gave me the strangest look I've ever seen, "what?" I wondered. "I've got something on my face?"

"No, just..." she furrowed her eyesbrows, and turned back around. "I didn't realise you can say such big words." I pursed my lips, and raised my camera, snapping some shots of her.

This will be my revenge.

"Oh, Ash. Are you still hyperactive?" Charlie asked, half- hoping I'd say no.

"Yup!" I cheered loudly, enjoying the fact Charlie was acting as though nothing changed. I've seen him at Christmas, which was just a month and a half ago, unlike Bella, that last saw him over six months earlier.

My bond with Charlie was much stronger, maybe because my favorite color was green and I actually liked the rain that was almost a constant visitor at Forks, Washington. Also, unlike Bella, I didn't find it as the most embarrassing thing in the world to drive in the police cruiser, which was Charlie's car.

"Hey, dad!" I called all of a sudden, making him look at me through the mirror. "Are you and Billy still fighting?"

He looked embarrassed. "No, just avoiding the subject."