fifteen ; strange sight

Bad idea; call Bruno Mars an untalented asshole in front of me.

Good idea; go out to the best party at a Friday night.

Bad idea; watch Beach Movie.

Good idea; watch High School Musical.

Bad idea; date a vampire.

Good idea; run away from a room full of vampires.

So I did just that.

"Ashley?" the  familiar southern drawl asked me as I stuffed my mouth full. "What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I'm doing, Jasper?" I questioned once I swallowed.

"Eating."

"No, no," I corrected with a smile. "I am stuffing my mouth full with anything garlic." I stated smugly.

He cleared his throat after a moment, "Ashley, you do realize garlic doesn't really do anything to us."

My face fell and I looked at him with wide eyes. Well, that went different than I had expected.

"It's just a myth?"

"Just a myth," he assured.

"Shit."

"Ashley," he said, sitting down next to me. We were all alone in the hospital's cafeteria (which was extremely rare) and placed a hesitant hand on my arm. "You know that I'd never hurt you, right?"

I eyed his hand for a moment. 

I wanted to tell him I do know, but he was a freaking vampire. A mythical creature that kills humans and drink their blood.

Extremely terrifying.

"But... You're a vampire."

"I'm the good kind," he assured. "I don't hurt humans, I live off of animals' blood."

My eyes widened, "what! That's horrible! You hurt innocent animals  for fun?"

"Not for fun," he frowned. "In order to live."

"You're killing innocent animals."

"You too, you know," he stated with a sheepish smile.

"I do not," I stubbornly said.

"Yes, you do," he said with a small grin, "you love burgers."

I was in loss for words. "I don't kill them myself though," I manage to splutter out eventually my lame reply.

"Would you prefer that if," Jasper whispered dangerously, hand trailing to my neck, "I killed humans instead?"

My breath got caught in my throat.

I turned to look at him, and his face changed from the serious, dangerous mask he put on to a careless smile. 

"I wasn't being serious, you realize that, right?"

"Of course," I barely managed, looking at my hands.

He was still smiling as I looked at him once more, staring at me.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I asked awkwardly, very aware of the fact I was reeking from the garlic. Jasper shook his head.

"I just now realized that I've missed you."

And que me blushing.

 Jasper's face changed slightly, and he let out a sharp breath, turning away slightly. I shifted away slightly, feeling awkward.