six ; I really like you

hey yall asked for it, aye?

"ERIC!" I called loudly, angry. 

The boy seemed to know what was good for him, and made a run for it as I tried to get the worms out my hair.

Tyler was being just as big of an asshole, adding worms into my hair, and placing one on my shoulder, watching as it crept down my shirt.

I would bet anything that Eric was either high or drunk, because he drank compost tea earlier, and had enough nerves to put worms in my hair,  and I was just as certain that Tyler was suffering from some sort of head trauma from the accident.

Everyone were sitting by, laughing their asses off, enjoying the three men show of Eric, Tyler and me.

"Guys!" Mr. Molina called, "to the bus!"

I shuffled towards the bus, still prying worms out my hair, when Mr. Molina stopped me. 

"The bus is full," Eric and Tyler waved from the windows, being annoying assholes. "Take the other one," I grumbled as I walked to the second bus. 

There was no free seat, but the one next to Jasper. I looked around nervously, hoping for another free spot, but there was none, and after a moment Alice called me over.

"Sit with Jasper again," she grinned, gesturing at the blond behind her. I looked over at him, and he moved to the seat by the window, making the other one free for me.

I slid into the seat, with much less grace than he did, and smiled at him, going back to prying worms out of my hair.

"Uh, you've got a worm..." Jasper spoke, making me look at him, holding a worm in my hand. 

"Yeah, Eric and Tyler put some in my hair," I grinned sheepishly. "Does it bother you?"

"No," Jasper spoke, and hesitatingly took a worm out my hair. "Mind if I kill it?" I shook my head as he crushed it. I took out a final worm from my hair.

"Any more worms?" I asked, and he looked me over before shaking his head. I smiled, nodding thankfully before glancing at the worm in my hand. I placed it on his shoulder, and he seemed alarmed, more than scared at the worm. He took in his hand, crushing it, but looked over at me, a mix-up between amusement and fear on his face.

"Oops," I grinned.

"Yeah, oops," he rolled his dark golden eyes. 

I grinned at him before turning back forward. 

"I think they want you," Jasper said after a while, making me turn my head to him. He was pointing at the window, and as I glanced I saw Eric and Tyler in the window. 

"Mind switching?" I asked with a smile. He stood up, and I stood as well, side- stepping and we switched seats, me almost stumbling at a bump in the road.

I showed Eric and Tyler the middle finger, before pulling the small curtain over the window.

I turned to see Jasper pressing his lips in order to prevent himself from laughing.

"Something funny?" I questioned.

"No offense," he warned, "but you."

"Huh?"

"Sorry, but I find your reactions rather amusing," he confessed with a sheepish smile.

I grinned at him, "at least someone's feeling up."

"I never said that," Jasper replied, "I just said that you are funny."

"So you're feeling down?"

"I never said that either," he frowned.

"So you're feeling up?" he sighed.

"You're just messing with me, right?"

"Right." I grinned. Jasper rolled his eyes, a smile on his face, before he turned away from me. I stared at my phone, playing with it.

I wondered if Jared had a new girlfriend. He probably did; He was a sweet guy, great looking and popular- I missed him.

I decided to text him, hoping for a reply, one that could be a window back to being at least his friend once more.

"Hey, Ashley," Jasper's voice shook me out of my daydream, and I turned to look at him. Men weren't supposed to be as beautiful as he was. "You shouldn't look so sad," he stated gently, slight southern accent evident in his drawl. 

"You shouldn't look in pain."

"I'm not in pain," Jasper replied after a moment.

"And I'm not sad."

○○

"Hey dad." I greeted as Bella moodily dropped her bag on the chair in front of Charlie's seat. I took out a bottle of beer from the fridge.

"Ash, one beer per week; we've talked about it," Charlie warned me. I turned to look at him sadly, putting the beer back in the fridge. "Don't give me that look, you're not supposed to even be drinking."

"But dad--" I started to whine.

"Your mom called," he cut me off, "again." He looked mostly at Bella.

"Well, it's your fault, you're the one who told her about the almost-accident," Bella shot back, taking away the plate from his and starting to wash it. "You finished?" she asked as the first drop of water hit the plate.

"Yeah, your mother always did know how to worry." Charlie paused for a moment, "She seems different. She seems happy. Phil sounds like an alright guy."

I looked at dad for a moment, catching the way he glanced at Bella for approval.

Mom did left him behind all alone.

"Yeah, he is," Bella said after a moment. I pushed myself off the fridge, walking over to dad and sitting on his lap, as Bella walked off.

"Did I do something wrong, or...?"

"No," I shook my head, "you're the best, dad. Bella's just ... she's Bella." I thought it explained everything and every weird reaction Bella ever made, but Charlie didn't seem to think that.

"All right," he said awkwardly, resting a hand on top of mine. "How are you?"

"I'm good, dad," I assured, with a smile. "Oh, and I'm going to the rez sometimes soon with a bunch of friends."

"That's good, I bet Jake misses you."

"I miss him too," I told him with a small smile. 

"Well, Ashley," he shifted slightly. "Are you... Are you two--"

"Dad, no," I laughed, "Jake and me are just good friends; I can assure you of that."

"Okay," Dad continued awkwardly. "Well, then- is there any guy you are into?"

"Dad..." I hesitated, trying to find a way to tell him that. "It's weird talking to you."

"I know, but I need to know if my little girl's in love."

"I ain't a little girl," I stated, slightly irritated. He simply kept staring at me so I sighed, "You remember Jared?" I questioned, "the big one, with the blue eyes..."

"Oh," he simply said. "The one that stayed  to sleep when you were at the hospital?" I awkwardly nodded- those two are giving me the awkward. "You like him?"

"I really, really like him, he's the very best." I grinned. "But we were and then we weren't and I need to move on."

"Moving on is hard, kiddo," Charlie sighed. "And I know it hurts, but it's better than to hold on."

"Yeah... I guess it it," I squeezed his hand, "thanks dad," I grinned, kissing his cheek and bounding off to my room. 

"CALL YOUR MOM!"