four ; animals

I liked Forks.

I really did, it was simple. I'd wake up, and it'd be raining. I'd shower, dry my hair, get ready, eat breakfast and then leave to school, where I'd hang with Ty, Jessica, Angela, Kelly, Mike and Eric until lunch, when I'd see Bella again.

We kept trying to make Bella actually talk to us, but she was only half- interested, at best.

The only difference today was the fact that the road was frozen. It got even colder, despite Bella whining just the day before that it couldn't get any colder and leave us alive.

I got out of the house, not sure where the red truck was. After a moment, Bella stepped out of the door, locking it, when the truck appeared on the road, Charlie driving it.

Bella started making her way towards the truck, but with every ounce of talent mastered to the task, she slipped and fell right on her ass.

Charlie rushed to help her up, "you alright?"

"Yeah," she laughed lightly. "Just that ice doesn't really help the uncoordinated."

"You'd know best," I snorted at my sister.

"Yeah, that's why I had some new wires put on the truck," Charlie informed Bella, keeping a hand just a small way from her back, in case she falls again. "Old ones were getting pretty bald. Uh, I'm probably gonna be late for dinner," he informed us. "Some  security guy was killed by an animal at Grisham Mills, over at Mason County." 

"An animal?" Bella asked, confused.

"Yes, Bella, ever heard of animals?" she tried shoving me lightly, but I side- stepped. "Nope, not gonna happen."

"You're not in Phoenix anymore," Charlie informed, "anyway, I figured I'd lend a hand."

"Be careful."

"Always am."

"Thanks for the tires," Bella said, opening the door to the driver's seat. Charlie just nodded, entering the police cruiser. I rounded the car, entering the passenger seat.

"Sooooooooooo," I grinned at Bella, "there is this prom thing. You asking someone?"

"No," she shot me down, making me pout. "You?"

"I dunno," I shrugged. "You think I can get Jared to come?"

"Ask him," she offered, making me deadpan at her. "I mean, his parents are super rich, right? And he was into you. Why would he mind coming?"

"He's got a live."

"Whatever," Bella shrugged. "He's your boyfriend."

"Ex-boyfriend," I reminded, playing with the radio.

"Would you stop? You're distracting me," she sighed.

"Not my fault that you're an awful driver."

"Shut up, dork."

○○

"WHAT'S UP ARIZONA?" Mike called, shaking his hat- that was filled with rain-water- on Bella's head, few drops hitting me. I shoved him lightly, laughing.

"Stop it, you'll make her melt." Bella rolled her eyes.

"You two are so immature," she informed me and Mike, just dropping the chat with Eric.

"Or maybe you are too mature," I huffed, and Mike threw an arm around me, pulling me closer so he could whisper in my ear.

"Wanna take it to the next level?"

"Fill a bucket and pour it on her?"

"Sounds like a plan." Mike grinned.

The two of us shuffled out of class, ignoring the calls from Mr. Molina, and taking a bucket to fill with water from the janitor's closet. 

We ran back to class, and Mr. Molina looked at us like we're crazy.

"I forgot my keys at my car," Mike explained.

"And you needed Ms. Swan?"

"To hold his hand so he won't get hit by a car."

"What are the chances he'll get hit by a car?" Mr. Molina asked, sick of the argument, "sit down."

I shrugged, walking to my seat next to Kelly. 

"Onion root tip cells," Mr. Molina said. "That's what on your slides right now," I looked at the microscope. "Okay, so separate and label them into the phases of mitosis and the first partners to get it right... are gonna win the golden onion!" Mr. Molina showed us an onion, that really, seemed just like any onion. "Alright, good. Begin."

I looked at Kelly, lost.

I barely even knew how you should look at a microscope. I cleared my throat, calling to Bella and her partner, Edward Cullen. 

They turned to us.

"Hi, could you give us a hand?" I grinned.

"No," Bella rejected me, "we already did that one in Phoenix."

"You did," I frowned, "I never touched a microscope before in my life."

Bella rolled her eyes at me, turning away. I looked at Edward, hopeful, but he just shrugged, smiling.

"Well, what now?" Kelly asked.

"Write whatever and hope it's right?" I replied in a question, making her check the name of the five phases, and allowing me to just write it in whatever order I'd like to.

I glanced at Mr. Molina, making sure he was busy with checking tests to notice us, and then set down the pen, laying my head on the desk.

"I'm super tired," I whined. "I think that the whole cold vibe of Forks is bad for me," I informed Kelly.

"Then why did you move?" she asked, interested. I shrugged, not feeling like lying and not feeling like telling her the truth.

I kept my head on the desk for the rest of the lesson, trying not to think of why I left Phoenix, but also trying to make sure my thoughts didn't go anywhere weird, like that one time when I ended up doing a research on zombie unicorns.

Though that research ended pretty quick.

Edward glanced at me at some point, confused. I gave him a bored look, before remembering he refused to help me, so I turned away.

That was an evil thing to do, and my sister is going to regret it.

Once class ended Mike and me ran outside to get the bucket, that was half full by that point, and rushed to find Bella once more.

"Hey Mike, Ashley," Jessica said, "what are you doing?"

I put my finger to my lip, signaling for her to stay quiet, before we made a run for it, pouring the bucket on Bella.

Edward, that walked with her, grabbed her arm and pulled her out of the way, so the water barely touched her. He released her arm within a moment.

"What are you doing?" Bella asked, making the two of us look at each other nervously, I felt myself blushing.

I ran away, leaving Mike to deal with the problem at hand.

Jessica rushed after me, giggling. "You wanted to pour a bucket on Bella!" Angela heard us, immediately asking what exactly went on there.

We filled her in, and by the time Mike found us, his face red, we were all laughing like mad.

"Bella said that she's not going to wait for you," he informed, "and that if you won't get to the car before she does, she just gonna leave you here."

I sighed, "figured as much."

Alice and Jasper walked by us, whispering to each other. 

"I swear, they get weirder and weirder every time," Jessica muttered, and the three of us looked at her. "The Cullens, I mean."

"Yeah," Mike agreed. "And Edward ruined our plan."

"Yeah, what's up with him pulling Bella out of the way? I really wanted to pour this bucket on her," I whined.

"You're the world's worst sister," Angela sighed, "I feel bad for Bella."

"You really should," I smiled.