nine ; good for you

There were nine hours left until I needed to head out, and I was bored out of my mind. I skyped Jared, I skyped Maggie and I skyped Mom and Phil, currently left with nothing to do as everything was packed.

Apparently, when I was bored, my stalker abilities and FBI abilities came out. I hadn't gotten around to speak to Bella ever since the Port Angeles incident, as just after one of dad's friends died in another animal attack.

So I checked her browser history.

"Ads, ads, ads, mail, no porn? God, she's such a weirdo. She literally never does anything interesting, I expected at least some porn," my eyes caught sight of a site called The Cold One: Apotamkin. Interested, I clicked on it.

My eyes scanned through the site. I never knew Bella was a myth-lover. I wondered what triggered her sudden interest with myths about vampires and demons. 

Maybe she was into some cult stuff?

I knew Edward was a weirdo.

I suddenly saw something that made me thing. Those vampires were described as strong and inhumanly fast. It wasn't possible... that Bella still actually thought Edward saved her from the car? Or that he was vampire, right?

"Oh dear, Bella," I sighed. "You're so weird."

"Ashley!" Charlie suddenly called. "Come on, the flight is in five hours!"

I stared at the clock, eyes wide. Seems like I spent four hours reading weird myths about vampires. I nodded, standing up.

"I'm coming, dad!"

"What were you doing in my room?" Bella asked suspiciously as she climbed up the stairs.

"Skype and e-mails," I happily lied, walking downstairs and starting to roll my suitcase. 

"Okay, Ashley," Charlie stopped me. "I know you like Jared and I know that this dance is a big deal for you, but please be careful."

"Dad," I whined. "No bees and birds please."

That whole day in school I was in cloud nine, skipping happily behind Tyler, and having my dad give me the talk to bring me down. Nope.

"Alright, alright," he nodded. "I'll tell your mom to do that."

"Dad!" I whined as I followed him out.

"You look lovely," Phil said as I inspected myself with the dress. "Although... Isn't it showing too much skin?"

I rolled my eyes, giggling. "Phil."

"Okay, okay, sorry. Renee! Come on!" he rushed my mother who was clutching my camera in her hand, looking through the most recent photos. Apart from those taken in the plane, the latest were of Tyler at school as he slept in class, shoved a grape into his nostril and of him and Mike shoveling french fries to their mouth until they couldn't do it anymore.

"Yes?"

"Tell her it's showing too much skin," Phil asked.

"Phil!" we both whined.

"It's her dance, and she hasn't seen Jared for a couple of months!" Mom defended, "let her have her fun. Safe fun."

"Holy hell," me and Phil said in sync. It seemed like he felt as though we weren't close enough to talk about that, and I was just plain embarrassed to have this talk.

"Sweetie, you need to know a few stuff--" the bell rung and I raced down, happy that I still hadn't worn my heels.

I opened the door, happily craning my neck  to look at Jared's face. His face brightened up and he hugged me.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too," he kissed the top of my head. He looked me over, eyes never leaving me until Phil and Mom walked down. He cleared his throat.

"Hi Renee, Phil," he greeted. "How have you been?"

"Good," Renee smiled, hand placed over Phil's arm. 

"Have her back by nine," Phil said.

"In the morning," mom waved off Phil's words.

"No, in two hours," Phil stated.

"You have until the morning."

"No you don't."

"You really do."

"I disagree."

"Phil."

"Yes sweetheart?"

"Nine a.m." and with that, the chat ended and I put on my shoes. We walked out of the house, and I smiled at the sight of the familiar black Suzuki Grand Vitara. I took my spot up in the passenger seat, happily settling back into the seat my butt was familiar with.

"You look really good," Jared stated, placing a hand on my cheek and kissing me lightly, making the butterflies that left my stomach so long ago return in full force.

I bit my lip as he started the engine, looking at my lap.

I guess I really did achieve my goal.

I stayed in bed, giddy with excitement. Jared was currently trying to find something to watch on TV, ignorant of how I felt about last night.

Everything was perfect, until we got to the hotel. But looking back, even that was amazing. Eventually.

"Gee, there's nothing to watch," he whined, plopping back in bed. "You're going back today?" he asked, making me nod. He nodded in return, watching my face. 

"What?"

"Nothing," he sighed, sitting up. "Well, something. But, you know... Never mind. It's stupid."

"What?" I asked once more, placing a hand on his arm to stop him from leaving bed once more.

"It's just... Ellie is... Nothing, really."

I furrowed my eyebrows. That wasn't a typical Jared, and when he mentioned it I realized I haven't seen Ellie Smith the night before at the dance, and Ellie never missed a dance.

I shook it off, shaking my head. No way. 

I smiled at him, "you know, we've got two hours until mom will murder you," I spoke quietly, making him turn to look at me with a smirk. "And I am very, very hungry. Let's get a pancake?"

He laughed, ruffling up my hair. "Your sister's right, you're a dork."

"Shut up."

"No thanks."

We were interrupted by a sharp knock on the door, and I looked at him. I was wearing only an oversized t-shirt, while he had boxers and a shirt. It was only fair he'd go.

Looking nervous, Jared walked to the door, and just as he opened it, he shut it, leaving me- in and him and whoever knocked- out.

I furrowed my eyebrows, looking for some normal clothes quickly before nearing the door.

"--you didn't tell her anything!" I  heard a female's voice say. "She came here with you, not knowing you're dating me!"

"Well, we aren't exactly dating, Ellie," Jared's voice replied. "And her, I love."

"She doesn't deserve something like that, Jared! Just tell her! I'm not saying you should stay with me, I'm just saying that Ashley Swan has been through enough shit and she doesn't need that to add up!"

"Ellie, she's leaving today," he waved off.

"Fine," Ellie huffed, and suddenly the doorknob twisted. 

I came face to face with the blonde girl and she, surprised, glanced me over before determination took over her face.

"Ashley, I think you should know something."