twenty ; big big world

"Get your feet off of me, you bumbling baboon."

"Nah," Jacob commented simply, his feet still hanging right in my face. I glared at him, and he simply grinned, trying to make a bracelet. "Does it look good?"

"Better than your face."

"That's impossible though!"

"I'm so done with your narcissistic rumbling."

We stayed silent for a few moments, before our laughter roared in the Black's household. After a moment, the door to Jake's room opened, and Billy poked his head into the room.

"Ashley!" he called, surprised.

"Billy," I smiled, realizing he didn't remember greeting me half-asleep. "How are you, champ?"

"Still dancin', sweetheart. When'd you get here?"

"Almost three hours ago, dad," Jake grinned in amusement. 

"Why have you got your stinking feet in Ashley's face?" Billy asked, rolling into the room. I pushed Jake's feet away, laughing.

"It's like you two are against me."

"We are," Billy said simply, looking at us with a warm smile. I grinned at him, before turning back to Jake.

"Well, I promised you lunch, so..." I turned to look at Billy also, "What's your preference for an almost nice day like that?"

"Anything meat," Jake grinned widely.

"Roast potato salad is always nice.

"And cheesecake is extra nice for the evening."

"Jake," Billy lectured.

"Ohh! I've got an awesome cheesecake recipe I've been intending to make Charlie try, but if I'm here..."

"So me and Ash are going out to buy everything we need, dad!" Jacob announced, standing up and grabbing my hand. "See you later, you've got some lasagna in the fridge!"

"Hey, all I'm saying is that if I had to marry, date and kill each of you Swans, I'm not dating your dad."

"So you'd kill him."

"Only if I had to!"

"That's horrible, Jake." I told him, laughing. He rolled his eyes, placing all of the bags in the car. 

"Jake!" a voice called, and the two of us turned to see three teenagers walking towards us.

"Embry! Jared! P-"

"Hey Paul! How are you?" I questioned with a wide grin, going to greet Jake's friend, ignoring Ember and Joseph. 

"Ashley, always a pleasure seeing you," he greeted warmly with a smile plastered on his face, pulling me closer and kissing my cheek. "I must say, I am feeling much better now that I see you."

"Is that possible that you actually grew taller since the last time I have seen you?" I asked with a smile, looking up at him. I grinned slyly, not only taller did Paul grow. But I didn't need to pat his ego any more. 

"Amazing, just a second ago Paul almost beheaded me," Ember commented.

"Shut up Embry," Paul snapped. "How are you, Ash? What are you doing here with Jacob?"

"I'm making Jake and Billy lunch, so we came here to buy groceries."

"I always liked a girl who cooks!" Paul said with a smile, and three groans were heard.