thirteen ; because of you

"Is it working?" I wondered at the black screen in front of me.

It's been two weeks since I told Tyler the truth, and in those two weeks Tyler and I became practically glued to each other- much to Lauren's dismay. He arrived early at the morning as we had a free Saturday just to ourselves, and we were trying to watch a movie.

"I dunno Ash, hold on," Tyler spoke, messing with the cables a few more moments before the snowy scenario showed up on it and the words HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL decorated it for a moment.

"Wildcats in the house!" I cheered, happy that he managed to put in on the TV and that we didn't have to watch it in the computer.

We watched for a while in silence, but quickly the first song started and both me and Tyler couldn't contain ourselves (me, singing and Tyler, laughing- at me). 

"I KNOW THAT SOMETHING HAS CHANGED, NEVER FELT THIS WAY, AND RIGHT HERE TONIGHT-- IT MIGHT BE THE START OF SOMETHING NEW! IT FEELS SO RIGHT TO BE HERE WITH YOU!" I sung terribly along with Troy and Gabriella, "ohhhhhh! AND NOW LOOKING IN YOUR EYES, I FEEL IN MY HEART-"

"Ashley, quit yelling!" I heard a voice from the door, and turned to see Bella entering the house, Edward in her tracks. "Oh. Hi Tyler."

"Hey Bella, Edward," he greeted, stifling previous laughter.

"I'm not yelling, I  am singing."

"Well then you sing horribly."

"At least I don't walk around shutting my sister's mouth with cruel insults that makes her cry every night to sleep."

"You don't cry at nights, you're too busy listening to horrible songs in my room."

"See? You're making another cruel remark."

"Shut up already Ashley."

"Now you're straight up shutting my mouth," I sighed. "Just let me be, Bells. It's better. Let me watch Troy quietly, and I'll let you two do whatever weirdos do."

"Would you--" Bella started, but stopped when Edward quietly whispered something in her ear. Her mouth transformed into a thin line and she sighed.

"Good, keep your girl in a leash," I consulted, turning to look at the TV.

I hate Edward Cullen and I don't care what anyone says.

"Girls?"  a voice called, and I turn to see dad walking into the living room. "Oh, we've got company," he awkwardly remarked, looking between the four of us. "Uh, the guy who almost killed my daughter," he regarded Tyler politely with a glare.

When I say politely I mean he hissed the words in a tight smile and his hand crept towards his gun.

Politely.

"Accidentally," I so generously added with a smile, patting Tyler's shoulder, all the while High School Musical still playing in the background.

"Still not making me feel better," dad commented. He turned to Bella and Edward, "you're Carlisle's boy, right?"

"Yes, Edward," he introduced, stepping closer to Charlie, detaching his hand from Bella's. "Nice to meet you, sir."

Shaking his hand, Charlie glanced him over. "So you two are dating?" he pointed at Bella and Edward, "and you two are dating?" he asked us.

"Ew," was my reply while Tyler made a disgusted face and stated a very bold "no."

"We're just really good friends."

"Yeah, Ty is awesome, almost as much as me."

"I mean, your daughter is an amazing person and I love her, but not... never in... just no. It's like thinking of my grandma-- no offense Ash. My Grandma is cool."