Epilogue

Okay, now just breathe Averie. It's okay, all is good. All is great actually.

I'm so happy.

I'm actually happy, can you imagine what I'm feeling right now.

Okay, now just walk into the living room and tell him.

Deep breaths, all it takes, let the words out.

I walk out of the bedroom and into the living room. Elijah sitting on the couch with his computer in his lap, typing away.

It's for work obviously.

He's a writer.

He write the most amazing books and I'm so proud of him.

Now we're here in New York, finally settling down with our lives all together.

He graduated from college along with me by his side. My fake dad left us alone, I scared him off. Which I'm actually proud of to be completely honest.

My mother still visits us often from her home in L.A. She divorced my father and took Katie with her. They started a new life together and I even think she's seeing someone new.

Katie is now in college considering I'm three years older. She's studying to be a doctor.

Kevin and Haley got married at the age of twenty. I guess they just couldn't wait for it. I'm super happy for them, I was in the wedding and it was just a beautiful night.

They both finished college about a year ago and are now settled down in Pittsburgh.

Along with Kyle he's up here in New York as well. He's still in college to become a pediatrician. He wants to work with children, and actually is dating Cameron who became a misuse.

Yeah I call her every now and then to come and help me out.

As for Natalie I could care less. I don't even know what she's doing with her life.

But as for what I'm doing with my life. I have my own store. I've changed some eyes on how to look at your body because everyone is beautiful, they just have to find a way to see that. I made clothes for all sizes so no one is excluded for men and women. I'm now working on a project to change the other famous stores to having all sizes instead of petite.

I've made tons of money off of it and I'm so proud.

Sometimes I feel unstoppable.

"Elijah," I mumbled.

He stops typing and sets his computer to the side.

"Yeah," he looks at me.

The way he looks at me, always with those green eyes, I feel as if I fall in love again each time.

I smile at him and take a deep breath.

"I want to make a change," I said.

"You've made tons, what's this one now?" He asked.

"Well in my life and yours now," I said. "But it'd be a huge change."

"Okay, what's up?" He stood up.

I don't know how to tell him.

This is hard for me.

I'm afraid of what he would say.

"I'm now twenty five, we both are," I mumbled.

Well now I'm just taking my time, I think the sooner I spit it out, the faster it's gonna be.

"Okay," I breathe. "I'm just gonna spit it out."

Why can't I do this?

"You do that," he took a step towards me.

"You've made a bunch of changes in the world with your books, you've become so strong and I'm so in love with you. I've made changes with the way people feel about their bodies and now, well I think mines going to start to change," I said.

"I don't get it," he said. He walks up to me and holds my hands. "Averie just tell me what's going on? Are you sick? Did something happen?"

"Okay fine," I mumbled. "Elijah I'm pregnant."

I look up into his eyes and he takes a step back.

"Well that's incredible," he smiled.

"What?" I laughed.

That's not what I was expecting.

"You're serious? We're gonna have a baby? You're gonna be a mom? I'm gonna be a dad? We're gonna be parents?" He yelled.

"Yes," I chuckled.

He's jumping up and down.

"This is incredible," he kissed me.

He kisses me up and down my neck and up to my cheeks.

"I'm excited," I place my hands on top of my belly. "We're gonna have a baby."

"This is incredible," he said. "Now I have something to tell you."

"Okay," I looked back up and he's holding out a ring.

A silver band with a huge, diamond, ring.

"W-what? A-a-are you serious?" I jumped.

"Yes," he smiled. "Will you marry me? I promise to always be there for you and to care for you and loud child."

"Yes, yes," I jump up and down. "Wait?"

I hold the ring on my finger.

It goes great on my tan skin.

"Was this your plan all along?" I asked. "It was!"

He throws the box over his shoulder and kisses me.

I could stay like this forever.

He's my safe place.

My always and forever.