Twenty Five

"You sure about this?" He asked.

I take a deep breath and stare at the wooden door ahead of me.

I'm scared honestly, I don't know what I'm going to do, or what to think when I see them. Just how much I hate them and they hate me.

It really does hurt, but no ones noticed.

"Yeah," I finally spoke. I look back at Elijah and give him a reassuring smile. "I think I can do this."

I think.

This is harder than I thought it would be. I thought I could just march in their and ask why but just looking at the door, im dying inside.

Okay then just suck it up and press the small button.

I squeeze my eyes shut and I ring the door bell. I take a couple of steps back, grasping Elijah's hand.

My heart is beating out of my chest and my hand is shaking. This is more nerve racking then ever.

"It's okay," Elijah said.

Because that helps so much.

I don't think he understands the pain they've caused towards me, I mean what kinds of parents walk out on their children because she's unhappy and wants to kill herself. You would think they would want to help me but no, they just pick everything up and go.

The door finally opens to reveal my mother. She stands in shock with her brown hair up in a bun, her makeup done perfectly, as usual. She's wearing a red blouse, with a black pencil skirt, down to black heels to make her taller.

Her brown warm eyes look hurt as if she was trying to say something.

I don't know what to say, i can barely even move.

She lifts up her hand from the door knob and places it over her mouth and I see a bruise around her wrist, it's purple and it looks as if someone had grabbed her roughly.

Her husband.

She doesn't have any sons that I know of. And she's kind to everyone, and everyone loves her. So they only person who would hurt her is him.

She took a step out of the house and wrapped her arms around me.

"My baby," she cooed and brushed my hair with her hands. "I'm so sorry."

Because that fixes everything.

She takes a step back, away from me and her eyes are watering.

"Why'd you leave?" I asked still holding Elijah's hand.

"Your father," she mumbled. "I was forced to go with him. He said bad things would happen if I didn't. Just like bad things would happen if he ever caught you two together."

Really?

All this time people keep saying I'm going to get hurt but I already am hurt.

What more could you do to a suicidal girl?

Do you honestly think I would defend myself, when I want to die? Then the blood would be on their hands and they would get in trouble.