The Lady In The Crystal

Chapter 16

Lavi's POV:

My body felt strange, everything had turned black as I walked around the blank space, my emerald green eye scanning the surroundings. I jumped slightly when a memory appeared in front of me it was the time I discussed with Komui about this boy, Allen.

-Flash Back-

"I was hoping we could discuss the boy who was with the Noah."

Komui's eye brows scrunched together as he folded his hands together and rested his chin on them, humming slightly as he thought. "I'm sorry Lavi but we don't know much about him. He has only appeared with the Noah and we hardly know anything about them at the moment but the boy seems...Different. Lenalee sensed there was something familiar about the boy, like a faint hum was coming off him that the Dark Boots seem attached too....So it may be possible that this boy has innocence but this is only a guess..."

I closed my eyes, my hand resting on my chin as I thought. If the boy did harbor innocence it would make him an exorcist so why does the Noah clan want him? There has to be a reason but why? It can't be the fact that there family because a Noah can't use innocence because it's the opposite force and it would kill him...So what are you to them?

"Thanks Komui even though it wasn't much information." I grinned as I walked out of the office to go back to the library.

-Flashback End-

My body felt like dead weight, I was like a puppet without strings, I lay there on the ground slowly regain control of my movements and feeling, my body then was hit by something, grabbing my hammer just quick enough before the blast could blow it away, a groan leaving my lips as the strong winds slowly stopped. I cracked my bright green eyes open to look around the now levelled Edo, no building being seen expect the one the Noah's stand on, my single eyes narrowing as my body grew weak, a scowl on my face as the Noah jumped from the building something sparking there interest, my body stiffen as I heard Lenalee's echoed voice.

I turned to see Lenalee back in the crystal that she was in when Chomosuke saved her from the bottom of the ocean. They most likely think that she is the heart but that means....

My body moved into action, I can't let the Noah get their hands on her; I have to fight them off.

Tyki's POV:

"Wow, your amazing Earl....Edo looks so empty now..." A low whistle left my lips as cigarette hung from them, my golden eyes scanning the surrounding seeing nothing but flattened land caused by the Earl's dark matter blast. It was actually quiet terrifying to see how powerful the Earl was and to know that this was most likely only a fraction of his power, a shiver going down my spine at the thought. The dark clouds that covered the flattened ground slowly faded away as an exorcist is seen, the one with the long dark blue hair, Mr Kitchen Knife. My gaze was pulled away from him as more exorcists appeared all over the flattened ground but a bright glowing green crystal caught my attention and everyone else who was in the vicinity.

A grin spread across my face as the Earl spoke, his sneezing fit having calmed down. "There's something about that innocence..."

The young lady, Lenalee's voice echoed around the quiet area as the Earl rested his hand on his chin. "Lavi....... Lavi.... Kanda.... Everyone.... Everyone..."

This peeking all us Noah's interests as we all hurried to get the little lady, her innocence could being the heart. My eyes was set onto take down the swords man, Kanda, my sword was inches from him when he was warned by one of his comrades, allowing Kanda to block the blow, a low chuckle leaving my lips as a smirk spread across my face. "I'll be taking her."

Allen's POV:

I nearly wanted to face palm as Skin came up behind Lavi and asked one question he asked me when I joined the family, but his voice was darker and more sinister towards the bookman. "Do you like sweet things?"

I rolled my eyes at Skin as I made it past the exorcists, who were either busy with Skin or Tyki. I walked up to the green crystal as the Earl arrived a couple seconds later, placing a hand on the crystal and putting my ear up to it, hearing the hum from Lenalee's innocence but the hum wasn't the hearts. My innocence hummed slightly in response to the other but the hum was fainter, weaker than it was before.

Lenalee had pushed herself too far and made her innocence sync-rate dropped drastically, it being around ten or maybe twelve percent. My eyes brows scrunched together as the Earl spoke his voice questioning. "Is it the heart or just another strange piece of innocence?"

"It's not the heart because the sync-rate is so low that you can barely hear the hum from the innocence Earl..." I opened my grey orbs looking at the Earl, not realizing that I had closed my eyes, the Earl nodded his head as he turned in the direction of Tyki and Skin. Creating a small smoke screen from the exploding giant akuma taking both Noah with him but before he left he said to me.

"Stay and watch the exorcists...Lure them to the Ark and will kill them there. They won't be able to escape when the Ark begins to download. Good luck Allen." With that the Earl disappeared through and ark gate, leaving confused exorcists fighting in the dark clouds from the exploding akuma.

I closed my eyes as I caressed the god crystal, the hum was soft and lulling like a soft melody being carried in the breeze, a small smile formed on my face as footsteps moved in this direction as well as shouts of worry from a certain bookman, Lavi. Once her arrived to the crystalized Lenalee and he saw me caressing it he tensed, his single green eye narrowing.

The crystal slowly fading, the lulling hum of the pure innocence fading with is as I moved away the unconscious form of Lenalee as smirk on my face as the bookman ran over to see if Lenalee was alright, Kanda appearing behind me with the sword up against my back. "If you move Moyashi...I'll run to through..."

I held up my hands as a smirk spread across my face, slight giggles escaping my lips. "Well, I'd like to see that... but one of you exorcists...not me, hehe~"

Kanda narrowed his eyes as the others came, the human, Chaoji's eyes narrowed at me as I grinned at him. After ten minutes we were all gathered under a bridge, Lavi sitting next to the sleeping Lenalee as the others watched me with careful eyes. "So, this is the boy known as Allen that is seen with the Noah...I never imagine him to be this short..."

I bit my lip as I glared death at the vampire looking one, Kory. I wasn't that short! What is he talking about; I'm at the right height for a fifteen year old. Everyone is just too tall for their age. I frowned as I sat cross legged next to the wall, my glare piecing into Kory. "I'm not short Kory....And for your information I've grown since last time I saw you..."

I continued to glare at him but my gaze was pulled over to the groaning Lenalee, staring at her with blurred mercury eyes as I subconsciously said. "Lenalee, you pushed you innocence too far and now its weak and hurt...The hum of it is so very faint...So very faint."

Lenalee just stared at me wide eyes as my eyes focussed back onto her weak and injured frame, a small smile in my face as Lavi looked at me strangely. I looked away but grinned when Lenalee shrieked and the sound of Lero's voice being heard. "Found you, Lero."