Voices

Chapter 21

Earl's POV:

My eyes slowly fluttered open as I could feel slender finger gently caressing the side of my face but were shortly pulled away when I shifted slightly. My indigo eyes stared into mercury as I watched him examine my features, I closed my eyes as a toothy smile appeared on my lips, a chuckle bubbling up in my chest. "What are you doing small one?"

I had removed the suit I constantly wore and decided that it was easy to move around and look after Allen in this form. Allen blinked as he stiffly moved back to leaning against the head board, a quiet groan being hear as a faint smile twitched at his lips as he quietly responded, "You remind me of someone I cared deeply about when I was younger, that is until he..."

"Is that so... I do believe that if you truly love someone they will always resided in your heart and mind till the very end, for the memories of them resided in you and their existence had helped shape who you are." I reached towards Allen and sat my hand on his head, ruffling his white locks slightly as tears formed in the corner of his eyes. A single tear escaping the corner of his eyes, his bottom lip trembling as his brows knitted together and a whimper past through his lips.

I smiled sadly at Allen as I got up and sat on the edge of the bed, wrapping my arms gently around him and tried my best to try and not disturbed what remained of his wounds. He grasped onto my long coat, hanging onto like a small child to their parent as he cried into his shoulder.

After a while Allen calmed down, I gently brushed my fingers through his hair in a calming notion as he sniffled, speaking calmly as I smiled gently down at Allen, "Ssh, please don't waste your tears on the past, it is a memory that can't cause you anymore grief then it already has... Now, you've been out for some time, in that time we have regain of what's left of the akuma egg, though it was destroyed we can still re-create it again from the pieces. Four other family members have awoken and you'll meet them at dinner, that is if you want to go. You aren't being forced to if it causes too much pain and on a final note, you won't be sent on any missions until you are completely healed."

"I...." His voice was hoarse as he spoke, it not being used in over a week in a half, "I'll come to dinner, though I may need help getting there."

Allen smiled up at the me as I chuckled, moving away from him as I happily wondered over to his wardrobe, pulling open the doors, bending over slightly to dig through it to find something that will not cause discomfort to him as he's in it. I grabbed a white long sleeve shirt that was a one dress sizes too big, a pair of black slacks and a pair of pale grey socks with white stripes. I held the clothes neatly in my arms as I sat them down next to Allen on the bed, humming as I stood up straight. "I recommend you showering before getting chained, you haven't showered in a week, do you need any help bathing?"

Allen shook his head as he flung the covers off his legs, turning so his legs were dangling off the edge of the bed, slowly pushing himself up with a quiet hiss of pain as his leg burnt slightly from the wound. He stood on unsteady feet as his legs and muscled groaned in protest as he hadn't used them in a while, I watched his movements with caution as he slowly moved towards the bathroom, him walking through and shutting the door.

I let out a tired sigh as I heard water start to run, closing my eyes and lowering myself into the armchair next to the bed, slouching and resting my head in my hands. 'You were his friend.'

My eyes snapped open as I gazed around the room, brows knitted together and looking towards the closed bathroom door, a frown twitching down my lips. I sat up straight in my chair as I grew tense, my jaw clenching and letting my indigo colour eyes gaze around the room once more quickly. 'I'm so sad that I could die.'

My gaze quickly darted around the dark room, the voice that was speaking was familiar but I couldn't place where I had heard it. The water shut off as it broke my train of thought distracting me for a second before an echoing voice met my ears as the bathroom door creaked open. 'I can't cry; all my tears have dried up.'

Allen appeared behind the door, a towel wrapped around his waist as he slowly made his way over to the bed to collect his clothing and returned to the bathroom, I watched his moments and then lift a hand to brush through my greying hairs, that voice having disappeared.

"Such troublesome things..." I murmured under my breath as I rose from the armchair, straightening out my clothing as I grabbed my top hat from the bed side table, placing it on my head as Allen emerged from the bathroom, giving me a lopsided grin as I held out an arm, "We must be off, Allen. The others are waiting."

_Time Skip – A Two Months Later_

The rumbling of the ground, it cracking and shaking as loud crashing sound were heard throughout the dark cell, the being lurking in the dark – who was chained to the wall, bound in spells cast by CROW– grinned as he slowly lifted his head, chuckling hollowly. "Finally... They have come."