Warmth of Love

Chapter 25:

A putrid smell drifted in the air as the sizzling of raw flesh met her ears, tears gathering in her violet eyes as screaming pierced the air like a knife. She didn't want to listen, she wanted to cover her ears and run from the sound, but her legs wouldn't let her. She just firmly kept her futile grip over her ears as her teeth were clenched firmly together, the screams rebounding around the room was like having nails hammered into her brain.

Even though the screams felt like they carried on for years it was mere moments before they were replaced with gasped breathes, silver pools clouded over with pain. Chest unevenly expanding and constricting as pale lids slowly fluttered close, slender fingers brushing back the red-brown hair that was plastered to sickly ivory skin. A soft voice barely above a whisper spoke, her violet eyes softening as she continued to comb her thin fingers through the sweaty locks, "Everything will be better now... We won't let them hurt you again, stay strong... Allen."

. . . . .

"So, what will you do now, Allen?" Neah hummed as he sat next to his host, running his ashen fingers through the red locks as the slender male leaned against him. Eyes clouded as they stared blankly ahead at the ruined landscape, the red moon shining eerily above the two.

A sigh parted the older's lips as the other remained quiet, golden eyes softening as he rests his head against his hosts, lowering his hands to rub circle motions on the skinny teen, "I understand it's hard now, but even though your physical wounds may heal and your psychological ones will take more time, you must not let them trap you... You are strong Allen and you have the clan's strength too. They will not allow you to be trapped in your mind forever..."

Tears began to brim in silver pools as crystals left small rivers as they rolled down porcelain cheeks, the red moon cracking as a golden light began to bathe the decaying landscape, the dead trees gaining a vibrant colour as the emerald leaves began to sprout from the trees and the ground, the ruins of buildings been wrapped in ethereal vines as the dark unsettling lake was smashed into crystal blue water as the sky held a vibrant colour, the sun burning a bright gold as it showered everything in its warm rays. The two figures huddled close as sobs freely passed thin rosy lips, slender fingers hiding a teary face as the ashen figure was pulled from the shadows; his skin gaining a peachy colour as his black hair melted to a warm chocolate brown, eyes remaining their striking gold as they gazed softly at the other. Voice melodious to the ears as it was carried around the landscape like warm rays of sunshine, "Let down the walls that were built...Only then will the healing begin my dear host, my dear Allen."

. . . . .

The boy wept in his sleep as the Earl gently brushed the tears away, his wistful golden gaze staring at the fragile boy. The thick bandaging wrapped tightly around his slender torso was tainted with a faint crimson, the teen shifting and withering in his sleep as pale fingers gently cupped deathly cheeks, brushing a thumb ever so gently over the skin as if the slight touch would cause the young male to shatter to a million pieces like glass. The skin warm and slick with sweat as silver eyes twitched behind pale eyelids as a soft whine passed thin rosy lips, the cool hand making the unconscious figure lean into the touch as the creak of a door was heard, the soft pad of bare feet meet his ears as did a soft voice filled with a sliver of hope, "Earl, has there been any change?"

A heavy sigh passed the Earl's lips as if a weight was slowly crushing him, brows scrunching together as he removed his hand from the clammy skin, "I'm afraid little has changed, though the injury is healing at a steady pace, however, due to him thrashing in his sleep he reopens the wound a little."

The figure moved closer to the Earl, his long hair draped over his shoulder as he rested a hand upon the Earl's should, "Go rest, I'll watch over for a while, I'll go get you if anything major happens or if he wakes up."

The Earl's golden gaze was glued to the teen as another sigh rolled from his lips, eyes having bag beneath them as he pushed himself from the armchair, body stiff as joints clicked from being in the same position for hours. The aging man inclined his head as he gently rest his large hand on the other male's shoulder before leaving from the room, feet barely being lifted from the ground as an overwhelming amount of dread was suffocating him the further he got from the bed ridden teen.

The remain male slumped into the armchair next to the bed, his own wistful gaze washing over the teen, digging in his pockets to pull out a deck of playing cards, voice soft as it carried around the quiet room, "You know kid, everyone's worried about you... We have been worrying since you were taken back in France. It was great to see you when we had attacked the North American Branch but, none of us were ready to look at the damage they had cause to you... We should've come for you sooner, and nothing can change the fact that we didn't... Even though we have you back, you're still being hurt from the other side even though they aren't even here..."

Tyki twirled the ace of spades in-between his fingers as he leaned forward in the chair, elbows resting on his knees as he continued after a long pause, "You probably can't hear this, but the clan really wants you to wake. Road wants to show you all the new dolls she has gotten, the twins want you to help pay off some of the debt thrown at them, I want to play a few rounds of poker and...and the Earl just wants you awake... He's taken this terribly bad, you've given him his fair share of grey hairs but even so, that won't stop him from gaining anymore."

His ashen fingers took the wet towel from the teen forehead, replacing back in the cool water before wringing it and placing it back on flushed skin, a fond smile gracing his grey lips as he brushed his finger through the damp locks, "...Wake up soon Allen... and maybe you can strip me of my pride again..."