03: Fractured Hearts

CHAPTER THREE: Fractured Hearts

"To deny people their human rights is to challenge their very humanity."

____

"Why am I here again?" Luna asked, trying to keep her cool. Scott and Stiles had brought her to a gay strip club to help rescue Danny from Jackson, who happened to be able to shift into a giant lizard. The reasons behind how that was even possible were still a mystery to her, as were the details of how they were supposed to pull off the rescue or why she was being included.

After the ordeal at Scott's house, Luna found herself being unceremoniously shoved into the jeep by Stiles who basically told her to suck it up and deal with it in the midst of her complete breakdown about what was happening around her. He gave a very brief and borderline lame explanation about some sort of test they did in chemistry class meant for Lydia that Luna somehow failed which was why she was there in the first place.

When Stiles told her they put Jackson's venomous juices on the crystal intended for Lydia, Luna promptly told him to pull over and they spent about ten minutes on the side of the road. 

Luna, on the verge of barfing her guts out. And Stiles, trying to coax her back inside the vehicle.

Overall, everything after that whole dilemma went in one ear and out the other. She simply nodded along and pretended to get it.

Then Scott texted him to meet at a club, citing that that was where Jackson was going for his next victim.

"Why couldn't you just drop me off?" She complained, kicking at some of the loose gravel on the ground.

"Because we both need to have a long chat with you about the supernatural world," Stiles replied, incessantly jiggling the backdoor handle of the club until Scott eventually broke it open.

 Luna never thought she'd find herself in the current situation, but there she was, stepping into a gay club. 

To stop a giant lizard.... that Jackson happened to turn into... 

She honestly didn't know what to expect. She had imagined shirtless men, sure, but she hadn't anticipated being blinded by a giant dazzling disco ball. She couldn't even see the men since it was so hard to see anything beyond the flashes of light. It was pretty cool, though. If she was a gay man she would definitely go here all the time.

"Dude, everyone here is a dude!" Scott shouted. "I think we're in a gay club."

"Man, nothing gets passed those keen werewolf senses, huh, Scott?" Stiles retorted, sounding annoyed. Luna turned around to face him, only to find him surrounded by drag queens who were all stroking him seductively. It was too good of a photo opportunity to pass up, maybe use as blackmail for all the trouble Stiles dragged her into, but Scott beat her to it.