EPILOGUE

THE EPILOGUE: Moving On

"The closing of a story isn't the ending. The ending is just the beginning of even more."

____

After the final showdown at the warehouse, Luna found herself being quickly patched up by Derek before heading home to take a shower and get dressed for an unusually late dinner at Scott's house.

The timing seemed off, considering it was already 1:00 am, and both of them were nursing some type of injury. However, Melissa and Ruby had apparently been planning it for a while, and since Melissa was often on the day shift at the hospital and neither Scott nor Luna ever went to bed early, it was the only available time for everyone.

Of course, that was before Scott and Luna knew that a seemingly normal lacrosse game would end in tragedy and that they were gonna have to face Gerard and the Kanima one last time.

But all things considered, after a very long night, they were hungry enough to go along with anything.

Scott arrived back at his house with only ten minutes to spare after having a final conversation with Allison, earning a light scolding from Melissa before she helped him patch up whatever he was still healing from. Luna arrived at her house and spent an extra forty minutes making herself look presentable, enduring a relentless stream of scolding from Ruby who was ready and waiting the entire time for her daughter to show up.

All in all, the Carson girls ended up arriving at the McCall household an hour later than they anticipated.

It was okay, though, because Scott had messaged Luna and told her that his mom burnt the food while patching him up and would need an hour to sort everything out anyways.

"We brought pie!" Ruby exclaimed as soon as the door swung open to reveal Melissa's smiling face. Luna, although a little grumpy, couldn't suppress her own smile, noticing the radiant joy on her mother's face—a sight she hadn't witnessed in a long while.

Because not only had Luna been a loner growing up but, like mother like daughter, Ruby also didn't have any friends outside of work either.

"Scott! Our guests are here!" Melissa's voice echoed through the house, signalling their arrival to the boy even though he could probably hear them drive up a whole street away. Nonetheless, Scott came bounding down the steps, and as soon as he became visible, he found Luna's eyes.

Although he smiled, he seemed a little more down than when Luna last saw him. She had left with Derek, Isaac, and Peter while Stiles took Jackson and Lydia home, leaving Scott with Allison and Argent.

Something must have happened between him and the Argents it seemed.

And along with his sullen expression, Luna wondered whether they were meant to pretend as though nothing had transpired just an hour ago. Like they didn't just stop an old man from taking over the town with a rabid lizard at his side.