Chapter 19

Enjoy! Made it long for you guys!

Jeremy walked into the glass elevator of his 15 floor building. He held a sleeping Chase in his arms. Holding Chase with one hand, he pressed the top floor button on the elevator and pulled out his phone. He dialed a number and placed it to his ear.

"Tracie, make sure you have my coffee on my desk before I get in there," he glanced down at Chase. "And bring me some warm milk. Don't make it too hot its for a baby."

He hung up the phone before he got a reply.

The elevator beeped at the top floor. Jeremy walked out into a busy loud office, getting stares and quick glances, but he didn't care. He turned down a hall and walked a few more minutes where you couldn't hear any more unnecessary nose from his best employees.

He came up to a glass door that lead into an area that looked like a family living room. There was a couch and a flat screen TV, and in a corner was a desk that was supposed to be for his assistant, but he didn't want anyone in his area, so he put her outside with the rest of his employees.

He came up to another door that you couldn't see through. When you're inside the office you could see everything on your side but on the other side it was like a mirror.

He pulled the door open, happy to see the items he requested. He sat at his large desk and turned on his desktop computer. He looked down at Chase and realized he needed a place to put him.

He got his phone out again, dialing his assistant.

"Tracie, I need you to bring me a blanket. It has to be large and soft. I need it now." He hung up.

Not even five minutes later, Tracie popped her head into his office. He was annoyed that she didn't have anything with her.

"Mr.Greyworth we don't have any blankets." Tracie said walking further more into his office making quick glances at Chase, but still trying to keep eye contact with Jeremy.

"Then go buy one." He snapped.

"Sir, there isn't any stores around here that sells stuff like that. The closest store here is like 15 minutes."

"Okay." Jeremy said not really paying attention to her.

"Do I have permission to leave?"

"I gave you permission to get that damn blanket. So, I don't care what you do just get me the blanket. And this milk is too hot. Get me another." Jeremy said feeling the milk that was in a mug cup.

"Yes sir." She said quickly leaving his office. Jeremy was known to fired people who annoyed him even the slightest. So, just staying away from him was best.

After about 10 minutes into working, Jeremy felt Chase moving in his arms. He looked down at Chase and saw Chase looking back at him.

Jeremy smiled. "Hey, buddy!"

Chase stared at him for a few seconds then he opened his mouth and started to cry.

Jeremy was shocked.

"Oh I'm sorry." Jeremy brought him to his chest while patting his back. "What's wrong Chase?"

Jeremy pulled him back and looked at his little red face. He took out the little piece of paper with Bessy's number on it. He dialed it.

"Hello?" Said an old women.

"Yes, can I please speak to Taylor?"

"Oh this must be Jeremy. Yes Taylor is in the kitchen. Hold on."