Chapter 23

Enjoy!
Shout out to Keyiamarie for following me on Snapchat! Add me on Snapchat @Bbria1213. I always add back!

Taylor knocked on the brown wooden door. She waited patiently for it to open revealing an excited Bessy.

"Hey, Bessy. I came to return your phone." Taylor said, stepping into the small house.

Red curtains flowed down to a beautiful baby blue carpet. With yellow couches and red pillows. It might've not matched, but the color scheme always made Bessy happy to come home.

"Thanks, suga."

Taylor took a seat on the couch. "When are you leaving for Jamaica?"

Bessy stopped walking and turned and gave Taylor a sympathetic look. "Sweetie, I'm leaving today."

Taylor stood, confused. "What? I thought I had at least a couple more days with you."

Bessy walked into the kitchen with Taylor following behind. "No I told ya yesterday was my last day. Don't worry imma be back."

Taylor sighed. "I know, it's just I have one here, but you."

Bessy playfully slapped Taylor's arm. "What about Chase? Or that 'ol white boy ya been with."

Taylor smiled sadly. "Yeah, but Chase is a baby and Jeremy probably won't be around long."

"I'mma miss ya."

Taylor hugged Bessy. "I'm going to miss you, too."

Bessy opened the fridge and pulled out all the baby food they made yesterday. "Here. I won't be able to give it to ya any other time."

"Thanks, Bessy, for everything."

****

"What's wrong?" Jeremy asked when Taylor got in the car.

"Bessy... is leaving." Taylor said slowly.

Jeremy turned the car on and began to drive. "Okay?" Jeremy paused. "That's why you're upset?"

"Yes." Taylor said laying her head on the window.

"She'll be back." He said nonchalantly.

"Yeah, but in two months." Taylor sat up in her seat looking out the window. "This is not the direction of my motel. Where are you going?"

"Breakfast, of course." Jeremy said with a smile.

"I'm not hungry." Taylor said laying her head back on the window.

"You didn't have anything to eat since you woke up."

"I know, but I'm not hungry."

"We're going out to eat anyway." Jeremy said making a sharp turn.

"I'm not hungry and all I wanna do is go home and sleep." Taylor groaned.

"Where do you want to eat?" Jeremy said ignoring her.

"I'm not hungry."

"Taylor," Jeremy snapped. "Quit complaining and tell me where you want to go."

Taylor sighed, giving up. "IHOP."

"No."

Taylor sat up in her seat. "You asked me where I wanted to go, so I want IHOP."

"You want to be eating flies?" Jeremy side glanced at her.

"Ugh, fine what about McDonald's?"

"That fake ass food."

Taylor hit Jeremy's arm. "No cursing in front of Chase."

"Ow!" Jeremy said rubbing his arm. "Sorry, I forgot he was in here."

"You choose the place since you wanna be so picky." Taylor yawned.

"Fine. Let's go to my brother's restaurant."

"You have siblings?" Taylor asked.

"Yeah 3 other siblings and they're all a pain in the a-...butt."

Taylor giggled at Jeremy. "How do I know your brother's restaurant has good food?"

"It's Golden Corral. He bought a franchise a couple of years ago."

"I thought it would be something he created."

Jeremy glanced at Taylor "No he's too lazy for that."

"How long does it take to get there?"

"Approximately 8 minutes."

"How do you know that?"

"I'm good at math," Jeremy laughed. "Just kidding. Google is my best friend."

*I know! I've been MIA for a long time! Ugghhh! But I'm back and happy to finish Taylor's Journey so I can continue writing on Wattpad! I'm not gonna say much! This chapter is short I know :(*

*Comment*Share*Vote*

Luv Y'all!