Chapter 31

Enjoy!

"Chase, why are you crying now?" Jeremy whined sleeply, while holding Chase. Jeremy was awoken by Chase in the middle of the night. He tried to wake Taylor up but she just mumbled a 'it's your turn' and went back to sleep.

It had been a whole week since Jeremy last saw his family. During the week, Jeremy was actually happy. The little things him and Taylor did, like sleeping in the same bed, Taylor preparing meals, and Jeremy driving them everywhere made him feel like they were an actual couple.

He had only one problem. The dinner was tomorrow and he still hasn't told Taylor about it. Right now, all Jeremy was trying to do was put Chase back to sleep which was unsuccessful. He picked Chase up and took him back to their room.

"Taylor, he won't stop crying." Jeremy said, still holding Chase and sitting on the bed. Taylor yawned and sat up.

"Lay him beside me." She said, patting the spot next to her. Jeremy placed Chase next to her and watched her rub soothing circles on his back, calming him down.

"He likes to sleep next to us." Taylor said, kissing Chase's head.

"And when did this start?" Jeremy asked.

"I got tired of standing in his nursery trying to put him back to sleep, so I brought him back here. Started doing it everyday, until he got use to it. That's the only reason why he cries, because he wants to be next to us. You never noticed, because you were always asleep."

Jerry nodded his head while getting back into the bed. "That's cute and all, Taylor, but that's gonna affect us in the future. If you know what I mean."

~*~

"I'm thinking about getting us a chef." Jeremy said, sitting at the kitchen table eating the breakfast Taylor just made.

Taylor turned around and put her hand on her hip. "Why? You don't like my cooking?"

Jeremy chuckled. "I love it, but you're gonna start working soon, so I don't believe you'll have the time."

"Oh that's true." Taylor said, feeding Chase. "Thanks again for finding me a job, Jeremy."

"I couldn't allow you to work at that shitty diner. No offense, besides the job you have now pays more."

"I liked working at that diner." Taylor said defending it. "I met Bessy there."

"And where is she now?" Jeremy said standing. "Anyway, onto more important things, we have to go. Are you ready?"

Taylor handed Chase yo Jeremy and slipped her shoes on. "Yeah I am."

They walked out the house and got into the car. Jeremy pulled out the driveway and drove smoothly. "Where are we going anyway?"

"You'll see it's a surprise."

About 30 minutes of driving and they still didn't make it to their destination. "Jeremy, where are you taking me?"

"Have patience, Taylor. Trust me you'll love my surprise."

Taylor smiled. "Did you buy me something? Like a car?"

Jeremy laughed. "No, but now that you say that I might."

Taylor beemed. "Give me hint."

"No hint. Just wait."

After 5 minutes of silence, Taylor felt Jeremy's hand on her thigh. "Jeremy remove your hand."

"Why?" Jeremy said squeezing it. "I love touching you and we're gonna be in this car for a little while longer so why not make it fun."

"Because we're not together."

"We don't have to be together to have some fun."

"You're married, Jeremy."

Jeremy groaned. "I'm separated and I'm divorcing Megan. I never even liked her."

"Then you should've never married her."

"It's unbelievable the things my parents made me do, but that's how I grew up and so it felt natural like I was supposed to do it."

"Why are you just now realizing that your parents were controlling you and your siblings?" Taylor asked.

"My siblings know they're being controlled they just don't give a fuck and are too lazy to go out and get their own job. They just want to sit around on my father's money all day." Jeremy said in disgust. "One day, my father got really pissed off at me and kicked me out the house with no money. I had nowhere to go and no one to go to. It was like I was homeless. I realized how much I depended on my father's money, so I came up with the idea to start my own business. Now my father did help me get to where I am today, but I don't tell people that."

"What did you do?"

Jeremy sighed. "It's not something I like to talk to about."

"You'll tell me later."

Another 15 minuted passed and jeremy pulled into a hotel parking lot. It was the Hilton inn and it was packed. Look liked there was a party going on. Expensive cars pupped up besides them.

"Jeremy, I hope you didn't bring me here to have sex."

Jeremy laughed. "No, I want you to meet someone."

"Who?"

"You'll see." Jeremy said and parked the car. He helped Taylor out and carried Chase in. They walked up to the front desk and Taylor just stood there letting Jeremy talk.

Taylor looked around, feeling out of place. Everyone there looked so rich in their expensive clothing. Even Jeremy was wearing designer clothes. Shit even Chase was. She felt so basic in a plain shirt and jeans with sandals.

"Taylor, follow me." Jeremy said walking towards the elevator. They got on the elevator and went to the very top floor.

"Who's in there?" Taylor asked when they reached a room.

Jeremy pulled out the room key and opened the door. They quietly walked in and Taylor heard someone walk out the bathroom.

"I thought you'd like to meet a close friend of yours, since its been so long that you've seen her."

Taylor heard the click of heels and watched a women walked out into her view. Taylor's mouth dropped.

"Raquel?"

Almost at 100,000 reads!!! YAAASSSSSSSSSS

I've got personal problems happening :/

Blow up my phone PLEASE!

VOTE.COMMENT.SHARE