Sick of Morning Sickness

"Gabry, get up. It's time for school." A voice said, pulling me from my slumber.

"No...... five more minutes? The pregnant girl needs to sleep." I replied, my face in my pillow.

"Well, the pregnant girl needs to get good grades, as well." I recognized the voice as Dallas'.

I opened my eyes. He was already dressed and ready. He was wearing a white shirt and jeans. The black leather jacket he always wore everywhere was draped over his arm. This was the usual clothing he wore.

"Dallas, can you help me up since you are so insistant that I go to school?" I asked, sitting up.

"Actually if Darry and I had our way, you'd be staying home for the next nine months." He came over to my side and helped me out of the bed. "Do you want to eat breakfast first? I made some for you."

"Aw, thanks, Dal." I said, hurrying down the stairs. I looked out the window of the side door,"So where's my car?"

It's not really my car. My mom and I share it. Most of the time I drive it because she goes to work with my dad. I assumed that she had to take it somewhere today.

"Mom had to drive to Seattle for some campaigning thing for Dad. She'll be back later. You're going to be riding with me today." He got a plate and put eggs and bacon on it. "Dig in. You have to keep two people healthy now. Not just one."

"Oh yeah..." I had forgotten about my mini-me. I was so absorbed in the situation of my car that I didn't want to eat. What would I do without my brothers?

Speaking of which, Darry walked in as I started eating. He smiled at me slightly. "How's our sister this morning?" He was in his ACUs and holding his duffel bag.

I took another bite before I spoke, "Oh I'm okay..."

"Good."

"Where are you going? I thought you were home until drill next month."

"I have to go to the recruiting office. My apartment is open to either of you if Mom and Dad drive you crazy. Just let me know you're there, so I don't freak out when I get a bill higher than normal."

"Okay..." I was getting a funny feeling in my stomach. It felt familiar, but I couldn't recall what it was from. I continued eating. Dallas made amazing food, he was a better cook than Mom, and she was pretty good. Mom never wanted to try any of Dallas' food because of pride.

My stomach lurched just as Darry asked if I was okay and the side door opened. I ran into the bathroom and made it just in time to the toilet to get a lovely viewing of my breakfast. I gagged again when I saw it. Someone was pulling my hair back so it wouldn't get in the way. I grabbed a tissue and wiped my mouth. I threw it in the toilet and just as I was closing the lid, one of the boys flushed it. I couldn't see who it was who did that, because I rested my head on the side of the toilet.

"Dally?" I hadn't called him that since I was really young.

"I'm right here, Gabry." He helped me up. "Why don't you go brush your teeth. Then you can go talk to Jason."

"Okay... He's here?" Dallas nodded. Why would he come over this early in the morning? Oh yeah... he impregnated me.

"Go get cleaned up first, though."

Since, I did not want to smell like vomit for the rest of the day, I took a shower as well. The hot water felt nice, I took my sweet time in the bathroom, it was early in the morning and I had time to spare. When I got out of the shower, I brushed my teeth again. I opened the door of my bathroom and walked into my room, not noticing someone else was in the room. I heard someone cough by my bed, just as I dropped my towel to get dressed, and turned towards the sound.