9 Weeks

I had to drive to school for the next two weeks because of Jason's leg. He absolutely did not like it. I actually recall him throwing a fit, because "he wasn't a child and could drive and was absolutely not handicapped, so help him, he could drive." I still denied him permission.

It was going to be eight weeks exactly on Friday. Today was Thursday. Bad day for luck I suppose. Never really was my favorite day of the week. Guess it was just bound for something else terrible to happen, right?

I parked my car in the parking lot of the school. As close to the school as I could find, so Jason didn't have to walk as far. He was on crutches and it was driving him crazy because he couldn't fully practiced his forms. or get around at all. He still had another week with them. He had to go to physical therapy for another week as well. I got out of the car and opened the door for him. I slung my bag over my shoulders.

He slowly stood up and pulled his crutches out of the car. "I still don't know why I'm only doing two weeks of physical therapy. It seems like I should be doing more than that."

"Well, maybe if it's still giving you trouble at the end of the week, you can get another two weeks."

"Maybe..." He trailed off and we started walking towards the school. There was a different feel to it than any other normal day. I brushed off that feeling and tried to ignore the nagging feeling that something horrible was going to happen today.

There were a few people outside and more inside. Those that were on the outside kept glancing at us as we entered the school through the student doors. Inside the stares were even worse. And most of them were directed towards my stomach. Immediately, I looked over at Jason.

"What's going on? Do you see them staring at me?"

Jason shrugged. "I don't know. They couldn't have found out could they?"

"Nah, I haven't told anyone, but Kat..." I trailed off, remembering that she yelled I was pregnant with twins while we were in English. And Paige was there.

"But Kat what? Are you two in a fight?" He looked at me concerned. "She wouldn't-"

"No, we're not fighting, but when I passed her a note saying that I am having twins, she freaked out and yelled that out loud."

"Oh... well, was there anyone in there who might want to hold it against you and tell?" Jason watched me to see if I was going to tell the truth.

"Yes... Paige was in there... I'm pretty sure she heard. Kat didn't yell too loud, but Paige could have heard and then she also saw me puking that same day... a few weeks ago..."

"Oh great.. she hates you and, she probably hates me too... So yeah... we're in trouble."

"You think?" I said sarcastically.

"Thank you, Miss Sarcasmo. You know, you've gotten even more sarcastic since you found out you were pregnant." He said playfully. But I thought he had a hint laying under the joke.

"Sorry, you helped in the reason of my moodiness." I smiled and opened the door for him.

I tugged at my shirt, I wasn't showing that much yet, but there was a bump. It was small, but it was there. So I had to make sure my clothes were baggy. Everyone inside the school was staring at me. I'm pretty sure they saw me tug at my shirt.

Jason looked around confused. He was going to ask someone what was going on, and it was probably going to be one of his friends. The weird thing was that the hall was silent, but full of people. Which isn't normal for any high school, especially for my high school. Even the teachers were staring, and silent. They didn't say anything because they were just as disgusted and shocked as the rest of the student body.