Little Miracles

I apologize for the wait, here is the next chapter! ~ Sairahiniel

School was absolutely unbearable for me. Let me just leave it at that.If anyone had been unaware before that I was pregnant, they sure knew about it, now. Everywhere I went there, people would stare at me. Jason was usually there to give everybody the death glare, but he was in the hospital in a coma, and even if he had been concious, it was exam week for seniors.

Kit sat with me at lunch like usual. She tried to comfort me and tell me current gossip, but I just coudn't focus on what she was saying. She was talking about how I shouldn't worry about being the school scandal anymore because there was some other crazy thing going on that might involve Page being pregnant. I laughed hysterically.

"Maybe she'll mercifully come to me for questions on giving birth." I thought that was hilarious.

"Hey, speaking of being pregnant at the same time... how is your mother?" Kit asked.

I stared at her blankly. "What?"

"Don't you remember?" She eyed me nervously. "When Jason was in the hospital for the first time, you went home and your mom told you and your brothers that she was pregnant, and you ranted about it to me for hours."

Oh. My. God. I had completely forgotten about her being pregnant, too. The past few weeks, I had spent being really mad at her and shutting her out, I had completely forgotten about it. It confused me though because she hadn't said anything more about it. Usually if she was excited about something, she would be telling us all about it, even if we didn't want to know. Something must be wrong.

"Gabry, you okay?" Kit looked at me concerned.

"Huh? Oh yeah. I'm fine. She just hasn't said anything else about it. We haven't been talking lately, because of everything..."

She loooked at me sadly. "I'm sorry I brought it up."

"No, no. It's fine. Really. I just feel bad because I haven't asked her about it since she told us. I was acting the opposite of what I wanted to."

We sat in silence for a few minutes. I stared at our table. No one was sitting by me except for Kit. It was like if someone was pregnant, nobody could sit by her because they might catch it too.

It was Wednesday. I had a doctor's appointment again and then I was going to the hospital to visit Jason, who was still in his coma. He was supposed to have been done with his exams by now. But he couldn't do that. He was going to have to take summer school and graduate at the end of June. Assuming that he would wake up.

I just wished that he would wake up already. I couldn't stand it. He was already missing a huge part of the pregnancy, and it wouldn't be as special because he wasn't going to be there. The doctors said the concussion wasn't a horrible brain injury, so he could come out of the coma very soon. I hoped soon was today.

At the end of the school day, I took my time walking to my car. I really didn't want to go to my appointment. I'd prefer to wait, but we had to check to make sure the twins were still alive. Kit was coming with me. She was in my personal support team. Thank God I still had her.

She followed me home. I started to feel really sick. Once in the house, I bolted to the bathroom. Dallas was in the kitchen, standing right in front of the doorway of the bathroom. I tried to push past him, but he wouldn't move. If he didn't move... it wasn't going to be pretty.

"Drank too much water?" He said playfully, standing right in the doorway.

"Move you, insenstive beast!" I shouted at him, bending over, trying to not puke all over his shoes.