Trouble

When we got home from the appointment, I couldn't tell if I should cry because I was scared, or if I should cry because I was happy our babies were okay. Jason was hysterical. He had no idea what to do, so he just freaked out. Dallas was at school, and Darry was at the recruiting office. My parents were gone, I knew they didn't want to be around their daughter who couldn't control herself. They were probably trying to hide the fact that I was pregnant, but when the press found out, they would make it out so I was this attention-craving, selfish girl. I can just see how it would happen. I should have waited to tell them.

Jason had to go to the bathroom and check his blood sugar and take his medicine. He -was diabetic, he found out when he was a little kid. I was the one to help him accept it. When he left the bathroom, he was rubbing his thigh. He looked concerned, but when he looked up and saw me, he changed his expression and smiled. He was trying to hide himself limping.

"What's wrong, Jason?" I asked, walking over to him.

"Nothing, my leg is just sore." He said. "I'll be fine, I promise. We should be worrying about you, not me."

"Well, I am absolutely great. Just pregnant is all." I put my hand on his back. "Ready to go to school?"

"Yeah, let's go." I followed him outside and got in his car. "You want me to drive?" He was still rubbing his leg.

He looked up at me. "I can drive, Gabry. I don't want to stress you out."

Oh for Pete's sake, I thought. Just because I am pregnant did not mean I was handicapped. I could drive. It wouldn't kill me, besides Jason looked like he hurt himself.

"Why is your leg sore?" I asked.

He started the car and didn't respond right away. "Well, it's not really sore, persay, it's a sharp pain, and in a specific spot is where it hurts the most."

"How long has it been hurting?" He was worrying me now.

"Four weeks." He said, and pulled out of the driveway.

"And you haven't told anyone?" I asked, my turn to be hysterical.

"No, I didn't want my parents to be worried, and now that you're pregnant, I don't know if it would be a great idea to tell them about my leg and you being pregnant. So I have to tell them whichever is more important, and that's you."

"However flattered I may be, I think that you should tell someone. Four weeks you said?"

He nodded slowly.

"Jason!" I scolded. "Was it hurting when we had sex? Because if it was, that's almost five weeks ago!"

"Oh no. This started hurting a few days after we conceived the babies. I think it's four weeks exactly today."

We were almost at the school, but I wasn't going to let him get out of the car until he agreed to go to the doctor. Today. This was going to be resolved very soon. If they forced me to go to the doctor (which I was planning on going anyway), then I was going to force him to go to the doctor for his health, too. He had many reasons to be healthy for one, the baby and me, track, and Taekwondo. If his leg was going to be injured, he had to fix it now. Plus it's never good to make me upset; especially with these hormones now.

"I think you should go to the doctor. Today, after school." I said, once he parked the car.

"I can't, Gabe. I've got a meet. And the rest of the week, I'm tied up with Taekwondo."

I rolled my eyes. "So you are going to forget about being healthy in sports, and let your leg get worse?"

"No. Yes. I don't know! I can't go this week because I've got to train for this tournament in a few weeks. I'm not even supposed to be going to the meet tomorrow because of black belt training. Somehow I managed to convince my dad that if I went to the meet instead, I would train nonstop on Saturday."