My Birthday...

Today I was exactly 16 weeks pregnant. I was almost halfway to the end of my pregnancy. My due date was November 22nd. That seemed like a long time, considering it was still June... Oh. It was also my birthday. June 7th. I didn't feel any older than I was yesterday. It was weird. Usually I was excited for my birthday, but not so much this time around.

I had my doctor's appointment today. Jason was coming with me, I was going to drive there and he was meeting me there because he was out doing something. The leg brace worked. I hadn't actually seen it because it was worn under his jeans and he refused to wear shorts. He didn't want people to look at him differently because he had a disability. Especially me. He refused to let me see his leg. He said that it went all the way down from his right hip to his ankle and the specialist was concerned about his fractured ankle as much as his leg. Apparently, the brace was supposed to help heal his ankle faster, I didn't see how that would work though.

I was laying on my bed staring at the ceiling and rubbing my swollen stomach. I was too comfortable on my bed to actually get up off of it. My parents decided that they didn't want to move and that I should stay with them. I was relieved at that point. Moving was stressful to begin with, but being pregnant and having parents that were pissed at you was even worse. They agreed to help with babysitting the twins when I went to school, but I was going to have to get a job and help out with the expenses. My parents also decided that the political offices my Dad was in was fine for the time being. At least until I moved out.

I was very thankful that they weren't going to kick me out anymore, but it was still kind of strange that we only got along after Darry deployment. I wasn't sure how to take that, but I was trying to make good out of it. Maybe it was a slap in the face that they were starting to become seperated from their family and if they didn't get their shit together than they would lose everyone they loved. At least, that's how I liked to look at it.

Dallas was shipping out in a week. It sucked to have my brothers ripped away from me practically at the same time. I didn't like thinking about it, but it was the truth. I wasn't going to have my brothers right next to me to help me with every mess that I got myself into.The realization of that hit me the day before when I was calling for Darry and then my parents came rushing in to see what was wrong.

My alarm went off as a reminder that I had to be at the doctor's office in ten minutes. I had the opportunity to see what I was having, Jason wanted to know, but I told him I wanted it to be a surprise, so he was just going to have to deal with it. He wasn't too happy about that, but he'd get over it eventually.

I rolled off of my bed and stood up, slipping my flats on. I walked to the door and turned the lights off as I left my room. I rested a hand on my stomach as I walked down the stairs. I wandered around the house searching for my keys, my purse was already in the car. My mom walked out of her room and saw me walking.

"Happy birthday, Gabry!" She smiled at me.

"Thanks!" I glanced down the hallway. "I'm looking for my keys that I have seemed to misplaced."

"Huh, I haven't seen them... Would you like to use my keys?" Mom reached in her pockets and fished out her keys. "Here you go, I think your car's key is on there."

I smiled. "Thanks, Mom." I turned back around and went to walk back throught the kitchen so that I could leave.

"Where are you going, Gabry?" Mom asked, she followed me into the kitchen. Her tone wasn't mean, but curious.

"Oh.. I have an ultrasound today... Nothing really important.. we're going to fins out the sexes of the babies today.. Maybe." I said.

"Maybe?" She raised an eyebrow.