Worst Day Ever

For the next week, I packed up my room, it was now Sunday. It was sad for me to have to leave, but I needed out of an environment where I was feeling stress. Darry and Dallas helped whenever they could, but Dallas had to study for his senior finals this week. Jason felt guilty that he couldn't help me move, but I told him to just worry about his finals and graduating. Darry had to be at the recruiting station, he usually got home to his apartment around eight and he would change then head over here.

I hadn't talked to my parents since the argument about moving. Except for when I told them I was moving in with Darry because he told me to. They were indifferent with that, and said maybe living with him would show me how a real child should behave. Ouch. I didn't tell them I would be moving in with Jason once he got an apartment. They would probably try to find a way to try to get custody over me. I was so sick of their crap. Maybe one day it could be fixed again, but there was no way this relationship could be fixed while there was still hard feelings going around.

There had been no news story on us yet, so that meant either word hadn't gotten out far enough yet, or my parents were trying to keep it quiet. I expected the latter. There was no way that the media had no clue about the politician's daughter being pregnant. I knew it was coming though, and all hell would break loose once it did.

The only helpful thing my mother did for me was schedule another appointment for me. I was thankful for that. It showed that she somewhat cared about my wellbeing. However awful it may sound, I believed it was true. I checked the calendar, my next appointment was on Wednesday; I was eleven weeks the past Friday. It seemed like this pregnancy was going really fast. I almost wished it would be a little slower, but then realized it would be even worse.

I was definitely starting to show now. I would subconsciously put my hand on my abdomen and just let it rest there. Jason would hug me from behind and then rub my stomach. He liked doing that for some reason.

Jason walked into my room. He was finally off the crutches, but he was still limping. He had a grim expression on his face.

I walked over to him. "Hey, how did you get in here, Mister?" I kissed him lightly. He put his hands on my waist. His expression softened for a second.

"Through the door. But there's something serious going on that I think you need to know about." The look on his face told me not to joke around.

"Is it your leg? Are you okay?" I asked, as he led me down the stairs.

"No it's not about me. It's about your family. It's happening."

"What's happ-" He cut me off.

"Just come with me." I followed him into the living room. The television was on the news channel that my family normally watches.

The news anchor was saying something about my parents and a picture of me, absentmindedly holding my slightly protruding belly was displayed on the screen.

"Reports of their daughter Gabry being pregnant have been confirmed by witnesses. How far along she is and what she is having is unknown. When asked to comment on this, her parents denied and said they were busy at the time to talk, but they would try to make time for that. The father is rumored to be senior high school student Jason Storm, but we are still trying to confirm that." The camera went back to the news anchor.

It showed another news anchor sitting next to the lady that just told everyone my secret. "Isn't it just sad how these things happen? I never saw this happening to Gabry, she never seemed like she would be ."

"Right? And what surprised me was that~" I shut the TV off before I could hear anymore.

I stared at it though, as if the picture was still there, haunting me. I tried to deny that this could be possibly happening, and like many other times in this whole situation, I started to cry. I didn't feel like there was anything else I could possibly do. My life was crumbling and I didn't know what I could do about it. I didn't want to be weak, but I was and so I cried about it. Even if there was no point to, I felt I had to.