23 Weeks

I glanced at my phone. It was almost time to go. Jason and I wanted to go to the beach, which was a very bad idea for me when you considered that I was extremely pale. It was the end of July, which meant, I had one month left before I was officially a senior. I was 23 weeks pregnant, four months to go. I was getting really big, and if people didn't realize I was pregnant by some miracle before, they definitely knew that I was now. There were reporters following me around trying to talk to me about being a politician's daughter and pregnant, and they were getting increasingly irritating.

I found myself getting even more moody, if that was possible, when they would show their faces to me. So far, I had refused any opportunity to talk to them about my life, I wanted nothing to do them. My parents tried their best to do the same, but, as they told me "we have to seem like everyday people to the public too!" So they talked to the reporters once or twice, embarrassing me with their faces making my name more well known than it already was. Which made me a little more upset with them.

My phone started to ring as I was in my bathroom. Glancing over at it, I saw it was Jason and answered it. "Hello?"

"Hey, are you almost ready?"

"Yeah, I'm just... in my room." I paused. "Why didn't you just come over?"

"Because... I don't know." He laughed a little bit over the phone. "I'll be over in a second."

"Okay. I love you." I said.

"Love you too, Gabe." He hung up and I set my phone down.

I smiled as I looked into the mirror checking my makeup. I barely put any on because we were going the beach, but I still wanted to look nice. The side door opened and closed and I could hear the quiet and uneven footsteps of Jason as he walked up the stairs. His days of stealth were over, so he couldn't sneak up on me anymore. I kind of missed that.

He opened the door just as I was leaving the bathroom. I hadn't put on shorts and a shirt over my two piece bathing suit yet, so I was practically exposed to him. He smiled and winked at me, obviously enjoying the view.

"Hey.." He walked over to me. "Could you just dress like that all the time?" His hands snaked around my waist as he leaned into me to give me a kiss.

I playfully slapped him. "Not all the time." I kissed him back and ran my hands through his black hair.

"Oh come on, purple looks really good on you." He kissed me a little harder, inbetween words.

I kissed him back just as hard and passionately. One of my hands  found the edge of his shirt and slid underneath it. If it was possible to get closer to each other without my belly getting too much in the way, we did. Our breaths became shallower and faster. I could feel him backing me up against the wall, I melted into his arms. My hand that was underneath his shirt now rested on his bare chest and the other on the back of his head.

Just as it became more heated, his hand that was on the small of my back started to move up towards my chest and brushed my pregnant stomach and he stopped. Taking a step back from me, he looked at me apologetically.

"Jason..." I stepped towards him.

He shook his head. "We can't do that." He put a hand on my face and I closed my eyes. "I don't want to hurt the twins, which is what could happen if we got you too excited."

I nodded, knowing he was right. "I know, I just got caught up in the moment." Again. I thought.

He sighed. "So did I. I don't know what came over me."

"It's okay. It was bound to happen at some point, but nothing happened, so it's okay." I giggled a little bit trying to lighten the mood, "maybe I should have put more clothes on  before you came in."