Redemption.

PROLOGUE

The trailer on the side was made by me with a little help from my friend, Fatima. Fan her and the dedication is to her.

Every saint has a past

&

Every sinner a future...

~ Oscar Wilde

July 6th. 1992.

     IT WAS SOMETIME in the early nineteen-nineties. Around that time, But it didn't matter to me, not where I was from. Time flew by quickly as it was not the same like it was on Earth. Things were different, and the matter of time seemed to be one of them.

I watched the masked man from a distance. He stood under a big, dark tree. This camouflaged him as he blended in with the colours of the bark. The mask was a great idea as it hid his real identity from me. I had been watching him for some time and I still didn't know who he was. The masked man seemed tense. He scratched his head every so often and would look around nervously. He would continuously look down at a piece of paper that he held clutched in his right hand. I guess he was looking for me.

     I walked away from the tree I was hiding behind, and headed toward the man. "Looking for me?"

     The man jumped at the sound of my voice, swivelling his head to get a good look at me. "Yes. A-Are you alone?" The voice seemed familiar, though I couldn't put my foot on it.

  I nodded. "Why have you called me here?" I asked, taking in the masked man and the surroundings. It was one of those quite, deserted plains. There was no one in sight for miles, hence a great place for something like this.

     The man seemed twitchy; he kept looking around for signs of somebody. "W-Were you followed? Did you do a clean sweep before you came here?" He asked frantically, looking all around him as he spoke. This was a sign of guilt.

     I ground my teeth in annoyance. The masked man was obviously wasting my time. Did he not know I was a professional? "Why have you called me here?" This came out more demanding than my previous question, with a little more force this time.

     "I have a job offer for you." He said, sounding unnerved.

     I nodded. "What kind of job?"    

    He didn't say anything. Once again, he looked down at the sheet of paper in his hand. He seemed to be contemplating over something. I decided not to enter his mind as this may just scare him off. I waited patiently, grounding my teeth in annoyance. If I could, I would mutter 'merde' under my breath, but that would probably waste even more time as the man wouldn't understand what I had just said.

     I was happy when the masked man finally seemed to make up his mind. He stretched out his hand in a giving gesture. I accepted the folded sheet of paper and began to unfold it, curious as to what was written on it. This seemed to alarm the masked man. "No. Not here." He said, distress clear in his voice.

     "Why not?"

     The man scratched his head, looking back and forth for signs of anyone. "Don't open it now." He repeated, dodging my question.

     Ignoring the masked man's alarmed request, I unfolded the sheet of paper. Saying I was shocked to see the name on the paper would be an understatement.