Chapter Twelve.

CHAPTER TWELVE

A/N: Hey guys! I hope to upload soon.

I’m thinking of entering this story I this years ‘Watty Awards’ so please give me some feedback upon this telling me what you think of it. It should be done right on time so I’d be able to enter it.. Remember to tell me what you think of it.

Enjoy.

"KNEES UP HIGHER. Swing your arms more." Coach barked from the bleachers as he sat down and demanded that I do some running in my free time. 

You see, this was my free period and I normally spent this period catching up with either some school work or some sleep in the library. Sadly, I ran into Coach on the way there and when he found out that it was my free period he demanded that I, how did he say it? 'Do some real learning' and 'put my time to good use'. So here I am, running laps in the cold when I could easily have been toasty warm in the library. Coach also demanded that I eat more. Okay, I'll just tell you his exact words. 'You need to start putting some meet on that body, Jackson'. And then he whacked me round the head and made me fall to the ground at his feet, but I'm sure that he only meant to pat me on the back. And you know what the funny thing was? I didn't even know Coach's name. Hell, I'm sure that no student or teacher would know what Coach's name was. Everybody was just so used to calling him 'Coach' that his name flew straight out the window.

So here I was in the early February breeze, running laps when I should have been doing absolute nothing in the library.

I ran a couple of laps until someone jogged up behind me and decided that they would join me on my run. "Hey." Hunter greeted me casually as he started to run in sync with me.

I pulled my headphones out of my ears as it seemed that Hunter would be pestering me with words. "What are you doing here?"

"Wow. I feel so welcomed." Hunter mocked as he placed a hand over his heart and held a constipated expression up on his face, but I was sure that he was trying to look dead. "Free lesson," he shrugged, "and I saw you out here so I decided to grace you with my company."

I giggled and clutched my heart while mock swooning at his words. "Why, I feel so honoured." I giggled and shoved his shoulder playfully. "You're so full of yourself."

"Bute you love me."

"In your dreams."

"No." Hunter winked and then carried on. I was genuinely surprised that he couldn't hear my heart eating at five beats per second. His little wink had set into such a frenzy, I didn't want to think about what a kiss would do. Because I very well knew what one of his kisses would do. "I'm in yours."

Laughter erupted from my chest at his cheesy line and it seemed that he knew it too. We both had stopped running now so that we could clutch out stomachs while laughing. Honestly, his line was cheesy but my cheesy enough to make us laugh like this. Hunter's laughter was addictive, the kind that makes you laugh along with them even though there isn't anything worth laughing at. We finally regained conscious and I had to wipe years away from my eyes. "Are you sure you can be here? I'm pretty sure Coach would have a fit if he sees you. Maybe you should go." I'm pretty sure that I was frowning by the end of that sentence as I really didn't want him to go. But then again, I didn't want him to get into trouble. 

"Don't worry, Princess. Coach won't even know I'm here." Hunter explained and used his thumb to turn my attention to Coach who was now snoring loudly on the bleachers, in the exact same spot that he had been sitting in half an hour ago. It made me wonder if I had been working my butt off here for no reason.