Chapter 17

I woke up with warm sunlight filling the room. Before, the sun had been irritating. It would cause pain in my head that reminded me of my memory loss. But my head felt fine and I was even thankful for the sunlight as I saw the sleeping boy beside me.

Harry was lying on his back, but his head was turned to me. His eyebrows were furrowed, causing creases along his forehead. Hidden beneath the thick duvet, Harry's leg was rested against mine. He had maintained contact all night long. If I turned over, he would place an arm across me. If too much distance grew between us, he would find me immediately. It was a little strange having someone who wanted me so much.

I crept from the bed and quietly went into the bathroom. I brushed my teeth and gathered my hair into a high ponytail. My goal was to make it back to bed before Harry woke up, but when I walked out of the bathroom, it was clear I had not met my goal.

"Good morning," he smiled.

"Morning." I pulled back the duvet and settled into the sheets that were still warm.

"I'm going to have a shower," Harry got out of bed just as I got in. "I'll be right back."

I went through my phone as Harry showered. I answered unread texts and emails. After responding to messages, I logged onto my Twitter account and was instantly flooded with notifications of tweets I had been tagged in. I absentmindedly scrolled through many of them.

I stopped when I saw a tweet from Harry: My heart is back. It was tweeted last night around the time I had been in the shower.

The mattress dipped under Harry's weight as he got back on the bed. I hadn't noticed him leave the bathroom. He crawled up to me with a knee on either side of my hips. He took the phone from my hand and locked the screen before placing it on the bedside table. Harry pressed a quick kiss to my lips.

"Harry," I pushed him back by his shoulders. I couldn't help the giggle from escaping my lips. "Your hair is dripping on me!"

"It's a small price to pay." He winked and leaned down again to kiss me again. This kiss was deeper and I could taste the mint of the toothpaste from brushing his teeth.

More droplets of water fell on my face and the pillow around me. "That's enough," I laughed.

He swung his leg over so he sat beside me instead of straddling me. His thumb carefully swept the water droplets from his wet hair off my face. "You promised to eat."

"What?" I was still laughing.

"Last night, you promised to eat. You didn't eat much when you were away and you need to eat something."

"Are you going to cook for me?"

"If that's what it takes."

____________

Harry's ability to make waffles was surprisingly impressive. He did everything himself and left me to sit on a barstool and listen to him alternate between singing bits of songs and telling me his favorite jokes.

We moved to the kitchen table where Harry sat across from me. Between bites of waffles, I could tell his mind was on something else. His eyebrows were furrowed and he kept running his hand through his hair. Just before I was about to ask, he opened his mouth.

"I want to apologize about the argument we had before you left."

I immediately knew what he meant. The argument was had in the kitchen of his townhouse after he found a photo of me taking a walk early in the morning without his knowing. "Harry, you already apologized for that at the airport."