Chapter Eight: A Little Faster

Ardent Acquisition 

Chapter Eight: A Little Faster

The black hair, spiked so carelessly in the back. And, yet, not so messily done it had looked bad- only a few strands brushed against the back of his neck, and then, across his forehead just above his empty black eyes that always seemed to be calculating. 

A cold shiver passed through me, the sighting of the young Uchiha throwing me off. My wide blue eyes were stuck on him, and I couldn’t move. 

“I’ll miss you, too, you know?” 

Could he really have meant that? Back then, he had only been gone for a month. How did he feel, now, after three years?

Did he feel anything?

The thought of his absence pulled me from my stupor, bringing my shocked features into one of contempt. I was angry. Oh, I was angry. 

The corner of my mouth pulled into a sadistic grin. 

I was hold my hands around his throat until he gasped out an apology with the last of his final breaths. 

However, as I assessed him from the opposing force point of view, putting aside my feelings I still held for him, I noticed he didn’t seem to be looking for a fight. But, I wasn’t naïve enough to think he’d be here to return back to the village. I knew him better than that. 

I couldn’t help but to notice the amused expression he was wearing. I frowned. Couldn’t he at least pretend? Or, was just his way or torturing me further?

For a moment, I was filled with a false hope. And, even here and now, my heart fluttered revealing the emotions I had tried so hard to bury. 

But, even I couldn’t be completely consumed in hatred when the boy who filled my every thought stood before me, the curve of his lips still the same as I remembered. 

Sasuke would be sixteen, now. 

My jaw clenched and I dug my heel into the ground, crouching a bit so I would be ready for an attack. 

Sasuke’s eyebrow raised. 

“Do you plan on attacking me, Hitomi?” His tone was mocking, but it was his voice. Sasuke’s. Not something I conjured up in a memory. But him. 

Sasuke. Sasuke. Sasuke. 

I felt a jolt run through my body, making me clench my hands into fists. One arrogant, pride-filled little bastard. 

“Well, I wasn’t exactly planning on kissing you.”

“Oh?” His expression was playful. What had happened to the Sasuke Naruto had told me about? The heartless bastard that had drawn his sword on my best friend? I would have rathered that Sasuke. I wanted that Sasuke. He’d be easier to fight. “I suppose you didn’t miss me, then?”

“You betrayed me.”

“It’s funny. Sakura cried both times: when I left, and then again, just a few weeks ago.” I had forgotten Sakura had seen him, too. But, what was worse was that she had been the last person to see him. “I had expected you to be there.”

“I didn’t want to see you,” I spat. But, that wasn’t true. I had wanted to see him for the past three years. 

Lying to Sasuke was as pointless as lying to myself. It could sound good, and I could try as hard as I could to make it convincible, but we’d both always know the truth. Sasuke knew me better than that. 

I hated myself a more and more each time he proved that—I hated every second I had given myself to him. Because, now, he had more of me than I did. And, without an equal exchange, I had nothing. 

“You don’t have to lie to me. It’s evident you hate me for leaving you. But, you don’t hate me.”

My breath caught in my throat. 

“W-why didn’t you tell me good-bye, Sasuke?” His name burned my throat. “Why did you leave me?” 

Sasuke’s teasing smirk vanished, his calculating expression back. 

“Kabuto sent these,” he said, holding up the pills I had been waiting for. 

“Sasuke Uchiha: The Delivery Boy.” My voice was emotionless as I spoke, deciding to save my misery for later. He didn’t care.

Sasuke scowled. 

I blinked, and he was gone. Yet, I wasn’t surprised by the breathing I felt on the back of my neck. He’d gotten quicker, I dimly noted. 

But, I was too focused on the thin line I could feel him tracing against my shoulder to even care. 

“I didn’t mean to leave like that. Not with a note. I could only imagine how pissed you would be. But, Hitomi—”

I cut him off before he could continue, trying to ignore the way my name sounded on his tongue, the way it rolled across the back of my neck, sending a shiver down my spine. I didn’t want to listen to him, anymore. Until I was able to fight him, myself, until I could drag him by his hair back to Konoha, I wouldn’t forgive him. I couldn’t. 

He had hurt me too much. 

So, I blurted out the one thing that I would hope got under his skin the most: “I’m dating Naruto.”

!~*~*~*~*!

Me: slips in more Naru Hito >>theyresocuteicanthelpithitomistayawayfromthatfggtwhycantyoulovewhoiwantyouto<< lol @ Sasuke. Fggt. 

Mm. im trying to write but like wow my TEACHERS ARE GOING INSANE I SWEAR TO GOD THEYRE ABOUT AS STRESSED AS WE ARE BUT THEY HAVE NO RIGHT I MEAN ARE YOU THE ONE TAKING THE STANDARDIZED TEST IN M A T H THAT DECIDES WHETHER YOU PASS OR FAIL?? NO GO AWAY. 

Sorry all caps rant but ugh. But ive decided I kind of like my science teacher now because we write quotes on my projects so it’s all Gucci . Maybe I’ll post the picture one day when Im not so lazy. But. Bedtime for paige. I really hope I didn’t have any homework because im really not doing it.  

italicized words are a pain in the a s s . 

also, onnnnnnnnnnne more thing! The part where she remembers Sasuke saying "I'll miss you, too" that was from Forsaken Innocence when Sasuke leaves after the Forest of Death to train with Kakashi, in case anyone caaaaaaaares.