Chapter 16

"Your boyfriend?" Alice asks. I sigh and pinch the bridge of my nose, a bad habit of mine that I do when annoyed. Why was I stupid enough to mention Tristan to these two. And now I would have to deal with them asking about him for the next two weeks. "Yes." I answer. 

"What's he like?"

"Is he cute?"

"Is he nice?"

"Is he older than you?"

"Is he younger that you?" 

The two of them started bombarding me with questions about Tristan. "Does it matter?" I ask. The two girls looked at each other before answering at the same time. "Yes." I sigh again. "Can we drop this and leave?" I ask.

"Fine. But don't think we won't talk about this later." Alice warns. "We won't." I say.

"Have fun thinking that." Rosalie says with a smirk as she gets into the car. Alice laughs at Rosalie's comment and gets in the drivers seat. I follow after them.

"So," Alice starts after a couple minutes of driving in silence. "Who's this boyfriend of yours?" I chuckle at her attempt to start a conversation about Tristan. Should I tell them about him or not? As much as I don't want to, I decide that them knowing is better than two weeks of them asking questions. "If I answer your questions, you can't bring them up around Jasper." I tell them. Alice opens her mouth, probably to agree with that, but Rosalie cuts her off. "No. The whole reason I'm asking this is so that I can bring it up around Jasper." I glare at her. "Then you might as well ask while Jasper's around." I tell her. The rest of the car ride was spent in silence.

A few minutes later, we pulled into the Cullen's garage. Alice had barely stopped the car when I opened the door and got out. "Why are you in such a rush if you don't like it here?" Rosalie asks as she gets out after me. I choose not to answer her. I walk around to the back of the car and pulled my bag out of the trunk. "I'll take your bag up to one of the spare rooms." Rosalie says as she takes my bag out of my hand. "You can go talk with everyone in the living room." She walks out of the garage and into the house. 

"Ready?" Alice asks as she walks up to stand next to me.

"Not really, but I don't have much of a choice." With that, the two of us walk into the house.

(A.N. I had thought about ending the chapter here, but I decided to be nice and make it longer.)

Why is it that things you don't want to happen always seem to happen? For instance, as Alice and I walked into the house, the only thing I didn't want to happen was Jasper trying to talk to me. But, of course, that was the first thing that happened. Ugh... my life. 

"Alexis!" Jasper exclaimed as I walked through the door. I bite back the rude words that I want to say and instead go with "Yeah. You're girlfriend and blondie are good at convincing people."

"You do realize that we have names, right?" Rosalie asks, suddenly walking into the room. I look at her "I know. I just didn't feel like using them." I tell her. She looks at me for a few seconds before saying, "I don't like you." I scoff at her comment. "I thought we had established that when I had you writhing in pain on the floor." She winces slightly, still remembering the pain my shadows could cause. I smirk at her reaction. She opens her mouth to respond, but Esme interrupts.

"Girls, please don't fight." I turn my head to the side so I can see her. She was sitting on a sofa in between Carlisle and Renesmeee. Esme was pretty now that I could properly see her. She had dark hair and a kind face. She reminded me of someone. My mother. I look away from her, not wanting to bring back the memories of my human childhood. But of course, Edward read my mind and brought it up. "Esme reminds you of your mom?" He asks, chuckling slightly. I sigh and sit down on the floor where I was standing. "Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" Esme asks, smiling at me. I half smile back. "You could take it as a compliment, but if you know about my childhood, it's not necessarily the best thing in the world."

"What do you mean? We had a great mother." Jasper asks. I don't look up at him. Instead, I look at the ring on my left middle finger while twisting it around with my other hand. "She was. That's why it's a shame, what happened to her." I can feel Jasper's gaze on my ring. "That was hers." Jasper said. I nod, not taking my eyes off of the black metal ring with the purple gemstone in the middle. "Why do you have it if it was your mom's?" I look over at her, still playing with the ring. "Because he would have thrown it away like it was trash. Like he did with her." 

                                                                             Jasper's POV

"What do you mean? What happened after I left?" I ask Alexis. What was she talking about? From what I could remember, she was always happy around our parents. Now she talked about our dad like he was the devil. "No, Jasper. That's a story I'm not willing to get into. Don't make me." Alexis practically begs, still playing with our mother's ring. Alexis actually looked upset about this, like she would start crying if she tried to talk about her past. "I won't make you. But, I hope you'll trust me enough to tell me one day." I tell her. A small smile crosses her lips. "Don't get your hopes up. Tristan barely knows. It took me years to trust him enough." I frown at her words. 

"Who's Tristan?" 

 *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yay! Another chapter!  And the best part, there wasn't a month long wait for this one. So yeah guys, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Don't forget to vote, comment and stuff like that.