Chapter 10

Everyone looked at me; they were worried and slightly confused. "Why?" Alice asked me. "Because he wanted me to turn him, and when I refused he made the mistake of threatening me. He said he would tell everyone what I was. I couldn't have him telling people there was a vampire roaming the streets of the city. I didn't think I would get in trouble, but Jane and Alec were walking by." I said, bitterness dripping into my voice at the end of the last sentence. Rosalie must have heard it, because she asked me "What do you have against Jane and Alec?" I smiled slightly, remembering my time in the Volturi. "My problem isn't with Alec. All the boys in the guard liked me." I looked at Jasper, who had his fists clenched, as if he was angry at what I just said. I smiled a little wider. "Interpret that however you want." I say while looking at him, just to annoy him. "Why didn't you like Jane?" Bella asked. I looked at her. "Is it even possible to like Jane?" I asked, getting a round of head shakes in response.

"I'm gonna guess she didn't like you either." Alice said. I nodded, "She hated me because I'm stronger than she is."  Emmett looked at me, "Stronger how?" I really didn't want to explain, but I didn't want to keep a lot of secrets with them. I sighed. "My gift, if you can even call it that, is more dangerous then hers." Renesmee looked at me, smiling. "You have a power?'' I smiled back at her and nodded. "What is it?" she asked me. I hesitated. Did I really want to show them my power? I sighed. Since I had two weeks to spend here, might as well show them. I looked around the room, looking for a shadow. When I found one in the corner of the room I focused on it, calling it to me. Seconds later the shadow appeared as a black and purple flame at my feet. I heard a few gasps from the others, so I looked up at them. I half smiled at their surprised faces. "What is that?" Alice asked. "Shadows." I said like it was the simplest thing in the world. "If those are shadows, why do they look like fire?" Renesmee questioned. I frowned. "I don't know. That's how they've always looked, and I never questioned it."

"So you can just summon shadows? Or can they do something cool?" Emmett asked. I looked at him, an amused smile on my face. He was funny, and my favorite so far. "Do you want to show you what they do?" I asked. He nodded, and I smirked. "Wait! Will that hurt him?" Rosalie asked me. I glared at her, mad that she interrupted my demonstration. "Not hurt physically, but it can mess someone up mentally." I say. She glares at me, anger clearly written on her face. "You were just gonna hurt him?!" She screeched at me. I roll my eyes at her. "He wanted to know what they did, so I was gonna show him. Not my fault. No big deal." I snap at her. She was annoying and I didn't like her. "NO BIG DEAL?!" She screamed at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes again. "Why don't you stop yelling? You're overreacting." She ran up to me, stopping when she was about six inches away from me. "I think I'm reacting pretty well, considering you were gonna attack him."

"I wasn't going to attack him. I was demonstrating my power. Like he wanted me to." I growl at her. She steps closer to me, trying to intimidate me, but failing. "You could have said no." She growled.

"Get out of my face." I hiss. "Make me." She challenges. I was mad, really mad. And the shadows could tell. Suddenly all my self control disappeared, and I was acting on impulse. I pushed her away from me, causing her to stumble back a couple steps. I drew the shadows to me before pushing them onto her. Rosalie screamed in pain and fell to the floor. I grinned like I always did when I attacked someone with shadows. Suddenly I was pushed into a wall by an extremely mad Emmett. "Stop." he commanded. I listened to him, and pulled the shadows off Rosalie. Emmett let go of me and ran to help her up. "What the hell was that?!" Alice yells at me. "That's what happens when people don't listen to me when I tell them to get out of my face." I growl at Alice.

"Will she be okay?" Emmett asked holding a shaking Rosalie to his chest. I nod. "She'll be fine in about 10 minutes." He noded and walked Rosalie over to a sofa. Alice walked towards me, and stood at my side. "Are you sure she'll be fine?" Alice asked me quietly. I nod. "I thought you said those things could mess someones head up." she asked. I turn and look at her. "I said it could mess someone up. Not vampires." Alice look at me, clearly confused.

"They can kill humans, but not vampires. Right now Rosalie's body is trying to process the idea that everything she saw wasn't real." I explain. "So she'll live, right?" Alice asked me. I roll my eyes at the dark haired girl. "It's amazing how much you care about her." I say as I notice how much they all care about each other. "You say it like you don't care about others." Jasper said, suddenly appearing behind Alice. I look him in the eye before saying, "There are very few people I care about in this world."

"Why?" Jasper inquired. I shake my head. "Because care and trust can get you killed. I don't know about you, but I prefer living over dying." I explained. He nodded slowly while looking me in the eye. I raised an eyebrow at him. "What?" I asked, confused by his staring. "What happened to you?" he asked me. "What do you mean?" I asked, still confused.

"What happened to you in the last 170 years?" he asked. I smirked. "I did what any person who lost everyone they cared about would do. I grew up, had a reality check and turned into the person you have standing in front of you now." I explained, slightly annoyed by all his questions. "Why? Why'd you change?" he pressed on. I glared at him. If he was gonna keep asking questions I didn't want to answer, I'd give him the truth I knew he didn't want to hear.

*************************************************************************************************************

Picture of Rosalie on the side     ------->