Chapter 12

Alexis' POV

      "You're a fool if you think I wouldn't hurt you." I growl at him. "Really? You would hurt your own brother?" Jasper challenges. I pull the shadows to me, letting them flicker around at my feet. "Are you going to believe me, or do I have to demonstrate?" I ask. He looked at me like I was crazy. "Are you serious?" he asked me. I smile at him. "No." I said sweetly. A look of relief washes over his face. "I wouldn't waste my power on someone like you." I growl at him before walking out of the room and to the front door. "Wait! What about our bet?" Alice asks, chasing after me. I turn and glare at her. "Forget the damn bet. I am not staying here with him!" I hiss.

      "So you're just going to leave?" she asks. I smirk. "I have more important places to be then in a dead end hick town with a brother I never wanted to see again." I say before walking out the front door, slamming the door behind me. I walk back into the woods and start walking back to the motel I was staying in. As I walked it started to rain. I look up and let the rain fall onto my face. "How fitting." I mumble to myself. 'My life is turning into a bad movie.' I think to myself. But unlike the girls in sad movies, I refuse to look back. I never have, and I'm not starting now.

                                                                Jasper's POV

     I flinched when the door slammed. Even before Alice came back and told me, I knew Alexis left. Alice came back into the living room looking upset. "What's wrong?" I ask her. She turns and glares at me. "She left." Alice sighs. Her tone confuses me. She's angry at me, but she's upset because Alexis left. "I figured." I said. Looking back on it, that was not a good thing to say. "'I figured.' That's all you're going to say? Your little sister, who you thought was dead, just came back. And you're just going to let her leave?" Rosalie asked. Well more like yelled at me. "Why do you care about what I do or don't do about my little sister?" I snapped at her. She stood up and walked over to me. "You might not have noticed, but she's hiding something, and I want to know what it is."

     "And what makes you thing she would tell you whatever it is she's hiding?" I asked her. "If she trusts me, she would tell me." Rosalie growled back at me. I scoffed. "She doesn't trust you." I snapped. "At least there's a chance she could trust me, unlike with you!" she snapped back at me. I flinched, knowing she was right. Alexis probably wouldn't trust me again, and if by some miracle she did trust me again, it wouldn't be anytime soon. I sighed in defeat, but Rose didn't back down.

     "Are you going to go after your sister, or just stay here and forget today ever happened?" she asked. I looked down at the ground. "Why don't you try and bring her back? She might listen to you." I said.

      "Alice, do you want to come with me?" Rose asked. I looked at Alice, not wanting her to leave. Alice gave me an apologetic look before nodding at Rose. "We can take my car." Alice said before walking through the door that led to the garage. "We'll be back. With or without Alexis." Rosalie said before going into the garage. A car engine turned on, and a few seconds later the girls were gone, trying to bring back my sister. I hope they could.

                                                                       Alice's POV

      A few minutes later, Rose and I were driving into town in my yellow Porsche 911 Turbo. I smiled, remembering the first time I drove one of these. Bella and I stole one just like mine from the airport in an attempt to get to Volterra quickly to save Edward. As a thank you, Edward bought a car, just like the one from Italy, for me. It was the best thank you ever.

      "Where do you think she is?" Rose asked, snapping me out of my thoughts. "It's a small town. There aren't many places for her to hide out." I said while looking out the wind shield. "We could check the hotel. And if she's not there we can check the diner." Rose says. I nod and continue down the street towards the hotel. "Do you really think she's hiding something?" I asked Rose, referring to what she told Jasper before we left. "She has to be. Why else would she be so quiet?" Rose asked.

      "She might have been quiet because we kinda forced her to come to the house with us." I said. She chuckled. "Yeah, I guess we did."  We looked at each other and burst into laughter.

      A few minutes later we pulled into the town's hotel. The second I saw it my lip curled up in disgust. The ugly steel grey paint was chipping and falling off, revealing the white paint underneath. The concrete was stained and cracked. Overall, the place looked like it hadn't been taken care of for at least 20 years. It was one big wind gust from falling in on itself. "Why would she stay in a place like this?" I asked as we got out of the car and started walking towards the hotel entrance. "It's not like she had many options. It's this or the streets." Rose said as we walked into the lobby. I looked around the dirty eggshell painted lobby. There was an old, dirty brown sofa facing the front dest, if you could call it that. The 'front desk' was really just an old table with a creepy looking guy behind it.

     "I'd rather take the streets." I told Rose. She nodded. We walked up to the man behind the front desk. "Hi, we're looking for a friend of ours. What room is Alexis Whitlock in?" Rose asked. The man looked up at us. He had balding brown hair, and muddy brown eyes behind large, black glasses. "Room 13." He told us. I smiled at him before grabbing Rose's wrist and pulling her in the direction of the rooms.

     "Did he creep you out too?" Rose asked me quietly. I nodded. "I thought it was just me." I said. We walked down a hallway until we saw a door with the number 13 on it. Rose raised her hand to knock on the door, but stopped when she heard Alexis talking on the other side.

      "-told you, I'm fine. I'll be home in a couple of days." She paused. Rose and I looked at each other. 'Who's she talking to?' I mouthed to Rose. She shrugged in response. "God, T relax! I told you I'll be fine. Just relax for a couple of days before I come back, okay?" She paused again. "Okay, have fun." Pause. "I love you too. Bye." She said before sighing.

      By now Rose and I were pressed against her door, trying to hear what she was doing. Suddenly the door opened, causing Rose and I to stumble into the room. When we looked up we saw a very angry looking Alexis.