Chapter 11

Jasper's POV

She smirked slyly, like she knew a secret the rest of us didn't. That smirk was starting to get on my nerves. Alexis hadn't really smiled, just smirked or half smiled, but both of those were filled with sarcasm like she didn't mean it. Somehow I would break her of that habit. I would turn her back into the happy, energetic girl I remembered her being. As if she could read my thoughts she said, "Oh, Jasper? Don't try to get me to be the girl I used to be. She's long gone." She smirked at me, and then walked over to the sofa Rose was sitting on. Rosalie said something I couldn't hear, and Alexis nodded. I looked down at Alice. "What happened to her?" I asked. Alice looked up at me and smiled. "Like she said, she grew up. She changed." I sighed. "I didn't want her to change. I want her to still be the Alexis that I knew." Alice pulled me into a hug, causing me to smile. No matter how bad of a mood I was in, Alice was always able to make me happy again. "I know you want the old Alexis back, but try to give this Alexis a chance. Maybe you'll like her more." I knew Alice was right, but it would be hard to forget the old Alexis and give he new one a chance, but I would try. "Okay. I'll try." I say, smiling down at the amazing girl in my arms. "Good." she said.

Alice walked out of my arms, and over to where Rose and Alexis were talking. I took a deep breath and walked over to the girls. I could do this. I would have a great relationship with my sister again, no matter what.

"- wouldn't want to know. His head would explode." I hear Alexis say. I frown. What wouldn't who what to know? "Who?" I ask her. Alexis turns her head towards me, obviously not noticing I was coming. "You." she answers. Well at least she was honest. "What wouldn't I want to know?" I ask. She looks annoyed suddenly, but Rose and Alice look amused. "You ask too many questions for your own good sometimes." Alexis says. I shrug. I don't usually ask a lot of questions, but this was my sister, and I didn't know anything about her anymore. "You should tell him." Alice says, inturrupting my train of thought. Alexis scoffs, "No way. He would freak out." Now I was confused. Alexis told the girls something she didn't want me to know, but what?

                                                                            Alexis' POV

"Oh, Jasper? Don't try to get me to be the girl I used to be. She's long gone." I say with a smirk on my lips. I turn and walk over to where Rosalie was siting. "Let me guess. Jasper wants to know what happened to you?" Rosalie asks. I nod, watching Alice and Jasper talk in the corner of the living room. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to hurt you." I say to Rosalie. She smiles at me. "It's fine, I kinda deserved it. I should have listened to you." She says. I smile back at her. "What did you see? You don't have to tell me, I'm just curious." I ask. Rosalie shudders and I instantly regret asking. "Sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I say quickly. She shakes her head. "It's okay. You didn't know." Rosalie looks up and smiles. "Hey Alice." she says warmly.

"Hi Rose. Are you okay?" Alice asks. Rosalie nods. "Jasper's really intereted in what happened to you." Alice tells me. I nod, "I bet he is. But I can't tell him." I explain. "Why?" Rosalie asks. "He wouldn't want to know. His head would explode."

"Who?" Jasper asks, suddenly standing in front of the sofa Rosalie and Alice were sitting on, but looking at me. "You." I answer simply. "What wouldn't I want to know?" he asks me. I sigh, annoyed again by his constant question asking. "You ask too many questions for your own good sometimes." I say, tryig to dodge his question. It might have worked, if Alice hadn't said, "You should tell him." I glare at her and scoff. "No way. He would freak out."

"Maybe he won't." Rosalie says, trying to get me to open up to Jasper. I shake my head. "I doubt it." I say. "Try me. Tell me whatever it is you don't want me to know." Jasper begs. I sigh, knowing I'll end up telling him, even if I don't want to. "Fine. But I only want to say it once so you should get eveyone in here." I say, not happy that I have to tell eveyone my story. But I would try to suck it up, and just get it over with.

A few seconds later, the entire Cullen family is gathered in the living room, and I'm starting to regret this. I was standing next to the sofa Alice and Rosalie were siting on. I looked a Jasper and started nevously tapping my foot. "Nervous?" Alice asked, smirking at me. I look at her. "Don't smirk. That's my thing." I tell her. She grins at me. I half smile back at her. "Don't be nervous. We don't bite." Bella says, smiling at me. I smile, "It's funny because we're vampires." I say. I sit down on the floor, my back against the side of Rosalie and Alice's sofa. I take a deep breath and start the story of how I became a vampire.

"A few months after Jasper... left our town got attacked by a newborn army. I was outside by the front of our house, and saw them coming. I thought they were just a group of people from some other town that got destroyed, but then I saw them start killing people who were walking in the street. They were getting closer to the house so I tried to run.

I thought I at least had a chance to outrun them, to get to the next town over for help. But I was wrong. Someone was chasing me, and when I looked back to see how far back they were, I tripped. The man chasing me wasn't a newborn, he wouldn't have made me think I had a chance of getting away if he were. He pulled me up, and held me by the shoulders tighter than any human should have been able to. I tried calling out for help, but I didn't get any. Instead I get bit in the neck. I thought I was going to die, but I woke up a few days later with super pale skin and red eyes." I pause and look at Jasper. He was shaking with anger, and that made me mad.

"Oh please Jasper, don't act like you suddenly care." I growl at him. He looked surprised by my outburst. "What do you mean?" he asked me. "If you really cared about what happened to me or our parents, you would have listened to me. You didn't have to leave, I begged you to stay. But you chose to go play hero instead!" I yell at him. I stand up. Jasper looked like I just slapped him, but then became mad again. "I did what I thought would be best for you! I thought I was helping protect you!" He yelled back at me.

"Then you did a crappy job protecting me! Do you want to know what happened after you left? Our mother got sick with worry, and died because we didn't hear from you again! Our father became the town drunk! I spend every moment I could in my room because I was scared of him! You promised you would always be there for me, but you lied just like everyone else!" I scream at him.

"What do you mean? I kept that promise!" He said.

"Liar! You didn't protect me from anything! Almost every bad thing that happened to me happened because of you!" I scream at him.

"Calm down Alexis!" Jasper says, looking around at the shadows in the room nervously.

"Are you scared of my shadows?" I ask him. "You wouldn't hurt your brother." he says. I shake my head. I really hope he doesn't actually think that.