Chapter 5

As soon as we walked into Alice's home, Jasper darted to my side. I barely noticed. THe house was huge, and fancy and welcoming. And everything else I wasn't used to. As I was looking around I saw a little girl, sitting next to a large tan boy. A werewolf. He looked so serious and scary, I looked away from his gaze. "Ugh, you didn't tell me you kept werewolves for company." I mumbled to Alice. She grinned, "You get used to him." My eyes went back up, but this time, to examine the girl next to him. She looked about 12 with long dark hair. She looked somewhat vampire-ish but smelled like a human. All sound had stopped but I hadn't noticed until now. I looked around and saw all eyes on me. All eyes filled with worry. I shook my head and chuckled. They were worried I was going to jump at he or something. "She doesn't interest me. The hybrid. Not my taste."

"You act like you've tasted one." Jasper remarked.  I looked at him. "I haven't. But most things don't interest me."

"Yeah, your eyes really show that." My eyes snapped to the blode girl who made the remark. If didn't like my red eyes, I would copy hers. I closed my eyes and consentrated on removing the venom. I snapped them open. "Better?" I asked letting a snarky tone drip into my voice. I enjoyed it as her eyes widened in shock. My eyes were now the same golden as the rest of theres. "How'd you do that?" My eyes snapped to the sorce of the question. It was the small girl that was sitting next to the werewolf. "Magic." I said. She gave me look that made me feel bad for being sarcastic with her. "All you do is consentrate on the venom in your eyes and displace it. I closed my eyes and returned the venom. "See?" She looked facinated. While everyone tried to figure out if that was possible, I turned on my heels and tried to walk out, but was stopped by Alice.  "We had a deal, remember?" I shot her an annoyed look. Two weeks suddenly seemed like forever.