Chapter 13 - A Consoling Kiss

A/N: Hey. It’s been a long time since I’ve updated, let alone been active in Wattpad. And you don’t know how sorry I am. I swear, everyday I open the app, I don’t even know what to do or what to say! It would take a lot of words and phrases, but I just wanted to let you know that I’m so sorry to keep you hanging like that for months. I know that it was a horrible thing to do. But I am human and I do make mistakes…

But we’re here now. I hope you’re still with me! :D

Enough of my drama. I’m here to stay. And sorry if the post was delayed.

Enjoy!

(Song for this chapter is Somewhere Only We Know by Keane)

~ * ~ * ~ ♡ ~ * ~ * ~

~ Josh's Point of View ~

“So tell me,” I parked my truck on the curb before unbuckling my seatbelt. After ten long seconds, I finally got the courage to face her, “What happened while I was gone?”

“Gone?” Rickie’s face suddenly contorted with confusion, “I never knew that you were gone. Where have you been?”

“I’ve been away for a while,” I turned away from her, remembering the things that happened from last week.

Time flies so fast, especially when things are getting out of hand. The first thing I knew was that I arrived in Los Angeles, and then the next was that I was in an avalanche of consequences from one stupid highschool party. If Juliette was here, she’d be probably shaking her head in disappointment.

Come to think of it, I wish that she was here. It’s been a long time since we’ve talked to her. Maybe if she was here, she’d tell me what to do like she always does.

But no, I never felt so alone in my life. With Uncle Henry and Aunt Kris still at San Diego, I wouldn’t even know where to start with all my problems.

“Where have you been?” she unbuckled her seatbelt and followed me as I left the car and walked away from the sidewalk. “Why are we parked in your driveway?”

“I don't really know where to go. I feel like I have some explaining to do, especially with you,” I put my hands inside my pockets as I walked up my porch steps.

“Explaining?” her eyes furrowed, “What do you mean? If this is about what happened last week, it’s okay Josh. It’s not your fault, I mean maybe it is but I don’t really think—”

I scoured through my backpack pocket for the front door keys, “I’m not saying we should figure out whose fault is it Rickie. I mean, it already happened,” I sighed restlessly and unlocked the front door. “All I’m saying is that we should try to talk about the consequences, if that’s what it’s called.”

I was actually surprised that I had the guts to even bring that up to her. I’m not really a great communicator, and I think I never will be. At least I try, I guess?

“Oh,” was all she had to say before she let herself in. I closed the door behind her.

“I didn’t answer your question before,” I said precariously.

She sat down on the same couch we had been sitting on last Halloween—the same couch that we had made out on, rather. She gently caressed the cloth, thinking of the same thought as I had. And then she blushed fiercely and retreated her hand close to her heart, looking away. Not long, she finally found her voice to speak again, “What question?”