Chapter 09 - A Kiss from my Nightmare

* Dedicated to Ryder Stokes ~

A/N: Sorry for the long wait for an update! I’ve been out a lot this week because I attended two concerts. I SIMPLY CANNOT LET THEM GET AWAY. Please understand that. They only visit our country every once in a while. So I just had to take the opportunity because I love them so much! ♥

Last Friday, I attended an Acoustic Peek for This Century and We Are The In Crowd. And last Saturday, I had to attend their actual concert in an actual concert hall with Set Your Goals. (YEAH, Three concerts in one night!) Yep, it’s my first concert in a big place like that. BUT IT WAS SO EPIC OMFG I will never forget the experience.♥ And Monday, I rested a bit because MAN it was tiring.

So much for my blabbering…

*Picture in the Multimedia: Zac Efron for Kyle Thompson.

~ ♡ ~ 

~RICKIE’S POV~

“Ericka Rae Summers, what on Earth happened to you?”

Tears welled up in my eyes when I saw Mom take in my whole figure.

Yes, I have run away when I woke up from Josh’s house, if any of you were wondering. I am such a wimp. Well don’t blame me! I didn’t know what to do. The only rational thing I could think of was to run away. I know that it was a very cowardly move to do. But my mind was in complete chaos, so I only did what I thought was safe.

That is to leave him with a note saying I’m fine even though clearly, I’m not.

Yesterday was the stupidest day I ever had in my entire life. I kept every memory of it at the very back of my mind, keeping me from stabbing myself because of my foolishness.

Everything was entirely wrong, even if everything felt absolutely perfect.

Damn it, Joshua Nicholas. Why are you making me feel this way?

I blinked the tears away and focused on Mom's worried face.

“Where did you get that awful sprain on your ankle?” my mom’s frown deepened as she moved closer to my bed. She sat down near the foot and had undone Josh’s messy way of bandaging my ankle. “Here, let me fix it.”

I barely remember how I got home. All I know was that I ignored the pain like nothing even happened, which only made the sprain worse. I must have a lot of inner strength to execute that kind of act.

When Mom finished patching up my bandage correctly, she raised a curious eyebrow at me, “Now little missy, are you now going to tell me where did you got this? And how about those little bruises around your neck and knees?”

Uh-oh, I totally forgot my bruises, my hickeys. I wonder how many they were.

I mentally slapped myself. Hard.

When and why did I become this stupid in my life?!

My mom would kill me if I ever said the truth.

Surely all the bruises around my neck were all from Kean because not once did Josh kiss me anywhere aside from my mouth. And I was kind of thankful for his bearable control even if he was tipsy like me. He never went into the pervert-zone guys should have gone to by then. I was the crazy one last night, pushing him off the edge so he can give in.

How many times did I make-out with him? Was it three or four? I can’t remember.

Ugh. I was the perv last night. That’s the horrifying truth I’ve been pushing away, but it keeps on creeping back again and again.